5F07K394475 on Ebay NIR

• 65 Mustang Koupe color changed to Vintage Burgandy with black standard interior is for sale by Ebay seller "jhwelder11" as a no reserve price auction with a starting bid of $35,000.00 and a Buy-It-Now of $48,000.00:

Up for your consideration is a very nice matching numbers k code 4 speed coupe. It has been refinished very nicely in burgundy with a white vinyl top and black interior. In my opinion the paint work is very professional. The body work is straight and the paint is very slick in the pictures you will see what i consider to be the worst cosmetic flaws on the car which are very minior rock chips from where it has been driven. I took the best pictures I could get of the bottom of the car however i do not have a lift. The car is very solid underneath. It has its original floors, frame rails, torque boxes, trunk floor that have the dealer installed undercoating from when it was new. The only thing replaced I can see underneath is the driver side trunk drop off which is in the pictures. The only rust that I can see anywhere on the car and consider to be very very minor is the passenger side drop off which is also noted in the pictures. When the car was restored the bottom of the car was not redone due to the intent to be a car that would be driven and enjoyed. Its a very very nice driver quality restoration. There is no bubbling Im aware of in the paint that suggest any rust or filler in the quarters, doors, rockers, fenders, ect. The interior matches the exterior of the car. It is very nice as well no rips tears or stains. The motor was rebuilt in 2010 with paper work to verify it. It has its vin matching block with correct hi po components minus the correct carb and fuel pump. It is manual drum brake manual steering. The car runs and preforms very well. It is very easy to crank and not cold natured. The only thing i know to mention is when the brakes are first applied it pulls a tad to the left so the drum brakes could maybe use some adjusting. I drive the car as is but just want to be completely transparent with my description of the car. All lights gauges and radio work in it. It sounds great having the factory shelbly/ hipo exhaust underneath it. The tires are like new and less than a year old. I have described the car best of my knowledge however I encourage you to do your own inspection of the car before buying as it is sold as is! This is a no reserve auction it will sell to the highest bid or to the person that hits the buy it now. It has a clean nc title. Cash on pick up, Wire or certified check are the only forms of payment I will accept.. If you choose to do a wire or certified check funds must It is forsale locally and maybe removed if sold. clear before the car is released. If it will be over a week before pick up a non refundable deposit of $1500 is required which i will accept paypal under the friends and family DEPOSIT ONLY NOT FULL PAYMENT. If you have any questions on the car feel free to call 336 682 5948. Thanks and God bless!

1965 Ford Mustang | eBay

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• 65 Mustang Koupe color changed to Vintage Burgandy with black standard interior is for sale by Ebay seller "jhwelder11" as a no reserve price auction with a starting bid of $35,000.00 and a Buy-It-Now of $48,000.00:

Up for your consideration is a very nice matching numbers k code 4 speed coupe. It has been refinished very nicely in burgundy with a white vinyl top and black interior. In my opinion the paint work is very professional. The body work is straight and the paint is very slick in the pictures you will see what i consider to be the worst cosmetic flaws on the car which are very minior rock chips from where it has been driven. I took the best pictures I could get of the bottom of the car however i do not have a lift. The car is very solid underneath. It has its original floors, frame rails, torque boxes, trunk floor that have the dealer installed undercoating from when it was new. The only thing replaced I can see underneath is the driver side trunk drop off which is in the pictures. The only rust that I can see anywhere on the car and consider to be very very minor is the passenger side drop off which is also noted in the pictures. When the car was restored the bottom of the car was not redone due to the intent to be a car that would be driven and enjoyed. Its a very very nice driver quality restoration. There is no bubbling Im aware of in the paint that suggest any rust or filler in the quarters, doors, rockers, fenders, ect. The interior matches the exterior of the car. It is very nice as well no rips tears or stains. The motor was rebuilt in 2010 with paper work to verify it. It has its vin matching block with correct hi po components minus the correct carb and fuel pump. It is manual drum brake manual steering. The car runs and preforms very well. It is very easy to crank and not cold natured. The only thing i know to mention is when the brakes are first applied it pulls a tad to the left so the drum brakes could maybe use some adjusting. I drive the car as is but just want to be completely transparent with my description of the car. All lights gauges and radio work in it. It sounds great having the factory shelbly/ hipo exhaust underneath it. The tires are like new and less than a year old. I have described the car best of my knowledge however I encourage you to do your own inspection of the car before buying as it is sold as is! This is a no reserve auction it will sell to the highest bid or to the person that hits the buy it now. It has a clean nc title. Cash on pick up, Wire or certified check are the only forms of payment I will accept.. If you choose to do a wire or certified check funds must It is forsale locally and maybe removed if sold. clear before the car is released. If it will be over a week before pick up a non refundable deposit of $1500 is required which i will accept paypal under the friends and family DEPOSIT ONLY NOT FULL PAYMENT. If you have any questions on the car feel free to call 336 682 5948. Thanks and God bless!

1965 Ford Mustang | eBay

-Fred-

This Kar was on the old forum, which is in the archives, with around 40 different posts. Just enter the VIN in the forum search.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

1965 Ford Mustang | eBay

-Fred-

This Kar was on the old forum, which is in the archives, with around 40 different posts. Just enter the VIN in the forum search.

-Fred-

This 65 Mustang Koupe color changed to Vintage Burgandy with black standard interior sold March 19, 2023 on Ebay for $35,200.00 with 2 bids from 2 bidders.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Official Post

65 Mustang Koupe color changed to Vintage Burgandy with black standard interior is for sale by a new Ebay seller "bornhyper" as a reserve price auction with a starting bid of $999.00 and a Buy-It-Now of $34,900.00:

Let me first apologize for the extremely long listing. I could not help it because I believe this car deserves it. I also wanted to be as descriptive and informative as possible.

While any Mustang is a great car, I will suggest this is an exceptional one because of what it is. As noted by the “K” in the VIN and the codes on the original door tag, this is a factory 289 High Performance, 4-speed Mustang that also has the correct HiPo 9-inch rearend. This particular car is a non-GT model and one can only assume it was built for both performance and it’s ability to flex it’s muscle in a fairly stealth-like manner. For those not terribly familiar with this engine, it was the foundation of the 1965, 1966 & 1967 Shelby GT350.

I was told by the previous owner of many years, the original VIN stamped engine (I can provide a pic but it is of poor quality) was rebuilt approximately 13 years ago (documentation included) and only 1K miles or so have ticked off the odometer since then. The clutch assembly was also replaced during the engine rebuild. While I cannot get to where the VIN would be stamped on the transmission, I have every belief it too is original to the car and that is due again to statements made by the previous owner. A document listing various date stamps and markings found on the drivetrain and associated components is included in the picture gallery.

I believe the engine bay is nicely detailed and beautiful in appearance. All that have seen it have been terribly impressed. Missing is the original carburetor and fuel pump. The car can sit un-cranked for weeks on end and will crank up as if it had just been turned off. I would not consider exchanging out the carburetor unless you just had to have an original style unit on the motor. All other HiPo related components appear to be present and in good working condition. This includes the original style Arvinode exhaust system that was unique to the early 289 HiPos. An example of how this system sounds can be found by visiting the Arvinode website (waldronexhaust.com). There are at least two videos available depicting the sound made by a 289 high performance engine with this factory correct system. Personally, I love the sound that is given off and I always receive positive comments when others hear it. It is definitely not your typical dual exhaust system. Ford and Arvinode got it right!

The entire car has been well cared for and it looks, runs and drives as it should. A functioning (tach only) factory rally-pac and console really sets the standard black interior off and everything in the interior is in tremendous shape. The original tinted glass is also in place as well.

When the car was refinished, the exterior finish was altered from Silversmoke Gray to Vintage Burgundy and the included VIN tag on the door reflects the original finish. The paint was applied to a high standard by the late Chris Brown at Brown Auto Body Services in Louisiana, Missouri. Chris was known for his work with Mustangs and Shelbys. There is one minor scratch that probably originated when the rear bumper was being installed. There are no other dents or noticeable imperfections aside from slight road rash from being driven and enjoyed. It is believed that the passenger side fender has been replaced with a correct newer Ford fender but the date code is not legible under the paint. The body lines of the entire car are straight and crisp. The doors, hood, fenders, fender extensions, quarter panel extensions and trunk lid line up nicely and the gaps are even as well. The hood, doors and trunk lid open and close with great ease and they sound good and solid upon closing. The white vinyl top is in excellent condition and lays on the car well. Please note the previous owner added the GT rear valence and exhaust trumpets but this can be easily changed if the new owner desires a more factory original look.

The underside exists in a virtually untouched and uncleaned state with the factory/dealership applied undercoating still being present on much of the Mustang. There are a few spots where it has flaked off or has been removed. If you are not opposed to getting a little dirty, you could take the car to the next level by doing a comprehensive clean and detail to that portion of the car and then you would really have something. To my knowledge, other than one trunk drop-off, the entire underside is original and unmolested except for general repairs and maintenance. The passenger side trunk drop-off does exhibit some rust but it is restricted to this one area and in my opinion, corrective measures are not warranted at this point in time.

Rounding out the car, the styled steel wheels are in very good condition and new tires can be found on all four corners. The trunk area is very clean and a concours mat is in place as well as a dual redline spare tire and correct jack.

No matter where the car goes, it is always met with high compliments. It tracks nicely going down the road and it is blessed with a great engine and exhaust note. Thank you solid lifters and the previously mentioned exhaust system. Acceleration is impressive and the car starts and shifts through the gears nicely.

In creating this ad I have strived to be as thorough and transparent as possible, identifying both the plusses and minuses of the car. In the end though, the car is being sold in “as is” condition with no written or implied warranties. The Mustang is being sold with a Bill of Sale and a NC title that is free and clear in my name. As per eBay regulations, if you win this auction you are expected and obligated to purchase the car. Inspections are welcomed but they must be completed during the course of the auction. Any questions will be responded to as quickly as possible and additional pics are available upon request. I am also open to discussing the car with potential buyers. A $500 deposit is required within 48 hours of the conclusion of the auction with the final balance being due within 7 calendar days of the end of the auction. The deposit can be provided through PayPal or Zelle but final payment must be in the form of a check or wire transfer. The car will only be released after all funds clear my bank. That means if paying by check, the check will need to be sent prior to picking the car up so it can be deposited and confirmed by my bank. Shipping is the sole responsibility of the buyer but I will assist in any way possible.

Thanks for giving this great HiPo Mustang your consideration. With the price of standard 289 (both C and A code engines) Mustangs being on the rise, I feel this is an excellent opportunity for someone to reach the top of the food chain without breaking the bank. I do reserve the right to cancel any questionable bids and/or end the auction early if warranted.

Update - I had a bidder from Saudi Arabia hit the Buy-it-Now button and then immediately request to cancel their bid. This caused the auction to end so I have had to start the auction over. Sorry for the inconvenience.

1965 Ford Mustang | eBay

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Official Post

This Kar just sold 2 weeks ago by another seller for $35,200.00 which makes me wonder why the current Buy-It-Now is less than the last sales price. Am I missing something here?

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Official Post

65 Mustang Koupe color changed to Vintage Burgandy with black standard interior sold April 5, 2023 on Ebay for $33,000.00.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!