HOW TO TELL NOS GRILLE MOULDING?!!

• JUST BOUGHT NOS LH GRILLE MOULDING FOR BIG BUCKS....THINK ITS IN THE WRONG BOX....P#C5ZZ-8243-A HAS ATT PARTS IN BAG

(..MOULDING HAS A WEIRD STICKER THAT SAYS X CEL 062998 ON BACK) HELP!!!!DID I GET BURNED?ANY WAY TO TELL OEM MOULDINGS?

• JUST BOUGHT NOS LH GRILLE MOULDING FOR BIG BUCKS....THINK ITS IN THE WRONG BOX....P#C5ZZ-8243-A HAS ATT PARTS IN BAG

(..MOULDING HAS A WEIRD STICKER THAT SAYS X CEL 062998 ON BACK) HELP!!!!DID I GET BURNED?ANY WAY TO TELL OEM MOULDINGS?

Is it this one?

65 66 mustang NOS LH grille trim panel(C5ZZ-8243-A)fb gt 1965 1966 fastback | eBay
    Up for auction is a NOS LH grille panel trim that is for 1965-66 mustangs. I had to open the box to take pictures of the molding
    www.ebay.com

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• yes thats it...

That is the real deal and tough to find these days. Right hand sides are common but not the left. The attaching parts packaging is correct, and it will have the 2 main clips, a nut plate and an attaching screw. You will also find it necessary to carefully tighten up the curve where the molding fits against the headlamp assembly. Trial fit this before you install the clips on the molding, and you will understand. The Ford molding that you have is sturdier where the main clips are located than the Gypos. Generally, installing the Gypos puts small dings in the shiny part of the molding where the Ford tends to hold up better. You will probably become frustrated as the main clips will try to spin on you when you push the molding into the lower grille panel. The price that you paid for that molding was actually a more than fair price.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Thanks a million Fred...Im super happy...This is one of the final NOS pieces I needed for my beloved k code..well..for the exterior...anyway.Thanks a bunch for the pointers too!☺My son and I are looking forward to this show season...the K CODE has become a real father son bonding thing....something pretty awesome👍👍👍

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!