Ford Owns Pictures of Your Mustang?

• another try by Ford to piss off the owners? not exactly but it would not surprise me if it happens. stock is at 6.00 and they don't understand why.

"UPDATE:

A response today from Whitney Drake at Ford Communications has cleared up this hot topic issue. Drake explains that Ford did not send the Black Mustang Club a “cease and desist” letter telling them that they could not use images of their own cars in their calendar. She explains, "The decision not to allow the calendars to be printed was made by Cafe Press, because we had gotten in touch with them in the past about trademark infringements on products they sold. The Black Mustang Club, and any other Ford enthusiast club, are free to take pictures of their own vehicles for use in calendars or other materials as long as they don’t use Ford trademarks in products that will be sold." It definitely appears as though this was a misunderstanding that is well on its way to being resolved. Whitney, thanks for providing Ford's take on the situation."

full story:

http://mustangs.about.com/b/2008/01/15/f…our-mustang.htm

• They need to define, "Ford Trademarks". That's the issue here. If I take a picture of my Mustang and the running horse is in the grill, that's a Ford Trademark, so I can't publish/sell the photo.

That's like saying, "You can break any laws you want as long as they aren't illegal." Huh???

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!