5R08K180307 on Ebay

• I remember seeing a 1965 Mustang GT in this color combination which I loved back in the early 80s at a Mustang car show…I still have the pictures.

Isn’t the build date May 29, 1965?

Are there any red flags that would make you suspect a fake GT K-Code? VIN photos would be helpful.

How do you find a local Mustang inspector?

Thanks.

Tim

• I remember seeing a 1965 Mustang GT in this color combination which I loved back in the early 80s at a Mustang car show…I still have the pictures.

Isn’t the build date May 29, 1965?

Are there any red flags that would make you suspect a fake GT K-Code? VIN photos would be helpful.

How do you find a local Mustang inspector?

Thanks.

Tim

Hi Tim,

I have done quite a few prepurchase inspections around the country and Canada, however I am in California. I do not know how to locate a qualified inspector in Texas. The most important items for the inspector is not being associated in any way with the seller and has a really good knowledge of Hipo Mustangs as there are a number of unique points to check.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Thanks for the advice Fred!

I know C2 Corvettes really well but not so much first generation Mustangs…especially a GT K-Code. A ‘66 Mustang was my first car so I’ve always had a desire to get another at some point.

Tim

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!