How to identify a real K-code

• I am new to the K-code world, I am going to be looking at couple of K-codes for sale and I wanted to know what I should be looking for to make sure that it is a true K-code. I know the K in the Vin and looking for Vin stamped in the fender apron. But other than that what special components make a K-code car. How do I identify the engine as being a HiPo engine. I know that the K-code cars had the larger front sway bar (not sure of the measurement) and they came with the 9'inch rear. Please educate me...Thanks

• I am new to the K-code world, I am going to be looking at couple of K-codes for sale and I wanted to know what I should be looking for to make sure that it is a true K-code. I know the K in the Vin and looking for Vin stamped in the fender apron. But other than that what special components make a K-code car. How do I identify the engine as being a HiPo engine. I know that the K-code cars had the larger front sway bar (not sure of the measurement) and they came with the 9'inch rear. Please educate me...Thanks

Welcome aboard the forum!!

Your request is far too general for anyone to be of much help. A year would be a good start. There are far too many differences in everything around a K code to begin learning while you are going to look at a Kar. You would be money ahead to hire a qualified inspector to look at them for you. Everything that you miss can end up costing you thousands of dollars per error on your part. There are plenty of K code owners on here who have had bad experiences and who can testify to their errors. What area of the country are these Kars in?

-Fred-.

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!