Value of 289 tripower intake and carbs

• Hello,

I just acquired a vintage 289 tripower setup. It has the following parts.

Buddy Bar Intake, good threads but two broken carb studs that will need to be drilled and retapped.

Center Carb: Holley List 3881 C4AF-9510-U missing choke housing assembly

Outer Carbs: Holley List 3882 C4AF-9510-V

Two linkage rods connecting outers to center carb.

The carbs all move freely, seem complete, no rust issues and look to be good carbs for restoration. I was thinking of restoring them myself but will probably not get to it soon.

I can post photos later.

I would like to sell the unit complete or the intake separate. Does anyone know the current market values for the whole package, or carbs as one unit and the intake as another. I do not have the fuel log or the center linkage that bolts to the intake. I really have not sold anything like this currently and I got this on a trade.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Oscar

• Apparently you do not have an air cleaner assembly?

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Here are sales that have been recorded on this board:

Used Tripower Setup - Parts: Drivetrain or Body - The HiPo Mustang eKschange (hipo-mustang.com)

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• No air cleaner. I may sit on it until I have time to restore it and possibly install on my 1966 Mustang. This setup has been sitting in a garage for many years and while clean, is not for someone looking to bolt on and go. I am also looking for a choke housing assembly. Was there anything special with the tripower choke?

• No air cleaner. I may sit on it until I have time to restore it and possibly install on my 1966 Mustang. This setup has been sitting in a garage for many years and while clean, is not for someone looking to bolt on and go. I am also looking for a choke housing assembly. Was there anything special with the tripower choke?

Nothing special for the choke based on the year.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!