WTB - Boosters BA and M or MA

• Just picked up a C6ZF-C with incorrect boosters, so looking if anyone has a spare BA and M or MA (ha, I know). Guess this carb had an M, but would consider an MA, as I understand that is for an auto trans.

It has A and CF (say 2FC?) boosters in it now. Anyone know what these are for, and if they'll run ok?

Thanks,

Rich

65 FastbacK early San Jose Twilight Turquoise 4 Speed
    66 Mustang Coupe Maroon C-Code Auto
    67 Fairlane Convertible Light Metallic Green 200 I6, Three on the Tree

• Official Post

Rich, the reason that I did not purchase that carburetor was those missing Unicorn horns for boosters. The difference that you paid compared to a carburetor with the correct boosters is sort of reflected in the pricing. I get requests for M boosters quite often and I am unable to help on those. I have the drill number size written in my book to convert other boosters to work properly. The BA secondary boosters were used on many other carburetors in that era. The MA boosters were also used on earlier Hipo carburetors that Ford converted for smog purposes. Keep in mind that the MA booster has a larger opening for fuel and also uses larger jets in the carburetor. I would try running what you have to see how it works out. I will look up the ones that you have when I return home.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Official Post

Rich, the boosters that you have are for various 1965 and 1966 A code applications so at least they are close. The jets should be 52F and 68F. Is there any issue with the brass fitting in the inlet, as that is not normal? It should just have the fuel line screw directly into the carburetor without a fitting.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Thanks again Fred. Sounds like a plan on the existing boosters.

On the inlet, it is ok. I removed the brass fitting and screwed a fuel line in fine. The flare seat in the carb looks a little oxidized but ok. That fitting had a much smaller opening on the other end, so don’t know what they were using it for.

Thanks,

Rich

• Official Post

Rich, I do not know how large the hole is in your current primary booster where it meets the carburetor base, but the M booster has a #54 drill size hole. I hope that helps.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• I saw that in another post. I will check that.

Thanks,

Rich

65 FastbacK early San Jose Twilight Turquoise 4 Speed
    66 Mustang Coupe Maroon C-Code Auto
    67 Fairlane Convertible Light Metallic Green 200 I6, Three on the Tree

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!