Greetings and a Request for Help

• Greetings, everyone. I am the proud owner of a beautifully restored '65 K Code. Couldn't be happier! I am looking for some information about my car, and I hope someone out there can help. My car is an early K Code (assembled in July of '64, complete with generator, fixed passenger seat, 4 speed, etc.). I've learned elsewhere that there were a little over 28,000 early '65 convertibles produced, but have been unable to determine how many of those were K Codes, other than to be told that they are rare. Can anyone help me to quantify exactly how rare?

Thanks!

• Welcome aboard, Robert!!

Ford records on the 65/66 Mustangs were destroyed many years ago and therefore any guesses on production figures are just that. The fourth edition of Tony Gregorys 289 High Performance book has the latest registry, which is no longer active, of High Performance Mustangs. The book is no longer in print, but it can be found at Amazon and others like that. It is NOT a list put out by Ford but is as close as you will find currently on the subject. That book does have some inaccuracies in the main body of the book, so it is NOT considered to be the High Performance Mustang "bible", but at this time it is all that there is.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Thanks, Fred! Someone else also suggested the book, and while Amazon no longer has it, I did find it at another book seller and bought it. Can’t wait to read up!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!