Wiring loom for 66

• Hi, I have been have issues for a fair while with my Car being hard to start. It appears to be from the dash and engine bay harnesses being butchered before I got the car. Part of the engine bay loom has been bypassed and it runs with a non resistor ignition coil. I can find the bad connections and repair them but I feel a new loom is in order. I have already got the starting loom engine bay harness from VA Mustang and that was when I realised that part of the harness has been bypassed directly from the dash loom. My Car is a September 65 build factory GT 1966 Kar. Is there any issues with replacing the dash loom with one from VA Mustang with the rear harness in the car or will I need to replace this as well?

Cheers Eddie

• There are actually two 1966 dash main wire looms originally. I am unclear as to which one is available as a repro. The early one like yours has the 4 way flasher switch as a separate wire loom that is not part of the main loom and has several plugs on it to plug into the main loom. The later version has the 4 way flasher switch where the switch is a stand alone part and plugs directly into the loom with a single six prong plug. Either way the rest of the wire loom will be fine for plugging into the rear wire loom. I would ask Virginia Mustang which 4 way flasher switch fits their loom and if it takes the stand alone switch, (C6AZ 13A350 D) you will need one of those as well.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Hi, please see my question to VA Mustang and the response from the always helpful Michelle,

Hi, I have a September 65 build (Metuchen) 1966 fastback. I am interested in replacing the under dash wiring loom with P/N WG-194. Is this the early or late harness for a 66 and which 4 way flasher switch fits their loom and if it takes the stand alone switch, (C6AZ 13A350 D)?

Regards Eddie

Eddie,

WG194 is for the later 66 models. Therefore it should take the stand alone switch (IN497).

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
    Michelle Comer
    VA Mustang Web Team

[Blocked Image: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_FhFCoO_tIME/TYkivYsSpgI/AAAAAAAAVc4/P1BnY0zjB2Q/s800/email.jpg]

• Sounds to me kind of like what I said?

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!