hipo exhaust manifolds

• I'm interested in buying these for my 67 coupe 289. Don't want headers. But would like to get originals, I'm not interested in repops, I can buy them all day long for just a little cheaper than originals. If someone could let me know if these are repops or originals, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks for any help to another Mustang enthusiast,

Rick

• These appear to be originals but they are NOT the 1he 67 version. The 67 version is unique and there are no reproductions of them. The 67 version has C7ZE casting numbers and there is a relief cut in the area where they attach to the head for the Thermactor system. Most 67 Hipos did not have the Thermactor system (think California SMOG) but the manifolds were the same. The early version like in your pictures will fit but are just incorrect for the 67 model year.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Hey Fred,

I found out how to retrieve your message, Thank You. Yea, I realize they're not correct for a 67, I'm just wanting originals and not repops. Fred, what are the tell-tell signs for original manifolds? I can't tell originals from repops. Are there a distinct absolute to tell them apart, i.e., they way the dates are situated, the engineering numbers, etc,.

I am trying to learn as much as I can about the uniqueness of the hipo engine.

BTW, I have a motorcraft dual point distributor C5OE-E date 8C28, I'm probably just going to sell it, it is a great used unit, but will need points, condensor, etc. I don't want to list it for too much, but then again, not give it away.

Thanks Fred, you've been a big help.

Rich

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!