• Official Post

has the orignals owners name and address in it

Maybe the original owner had two of these Kars and the manuals got switched? The VIN's are not even close to each other.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• how did dealers apply undercoating in 66

Dealers, back in the day, had no set method for undercoating. The shop tech who got stuck with the job had clothes that were ones that they did not care about plus a cap to keep the stuff out of their hair. The tech just sprayed wherever they saw fit in most cases. I am completing a restoration on a 70 Boss 429 where the undercoating was sprayed everywhere including rear springs and fuel tank. This stuff was miserable to remove. Sadly this is a southern California car that has never left the area. I am reasonably sure that whoever sold the undercoating to the owner was selling it as sound deadener, which it is. This almost seems like a logical sale for a Boss 429 back in the day.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• mine is brushed on under the hood and deck lid. sprayed under the car

I must admit that this is the first time that I have heard of undercoating applied under the hood or deck lid. Undercoating on the undercarriage was supposed to slow rust. I guess that application under the hood and decklid could qualify as sound deadener, though.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!