In search for HiPo chrome valve covers

• I am in France, my car is a Feb 66 Coupe K, and I would like to replace the current chrome valve covers which are bad quality repro parts. Do you have a good address to get ones to be shipped to France.

Thanks for your help,

Yann

Are you seeking good original covers to get chromed? Do you have access to a good chrome shop in your area?

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Many, many years ago,1980 I think, I bought Cobra black wrinkle finish covers for mine. After a few years, I would swap them out for the chrome covers, and then swap them again when I felt like it. Poorly storing the chrome covers led to them getting too ratty to put on, so I sold them to someone who was going to restore them. Fast forward a few more years, I find myself wanting to go chrome again. Since my car is not pristine, new covers would look out of place and not look right with my original double hump air cleaner, that I’d give a strong 8 of 10. I watched ebay and found original covers that were worse than I gave up, or overpriced, or new too shiny repros . A couple months ago I looked again and found some used reproduction covers at half the price and better yet, not perfect. A ding here, a scratch there, very good chrome. I think they will look right at home. Cold weather is keeping me in the house, along with the Covid19 cluster.

Edited once, last by 289kford (April 1, 2020 at 10:15 PM).

• Thanks for the story, reproduction one are not good from my point of view and these covers already damaged one valve on my engine following a part falling done because of bad welding.

I might have find some good one, not exactly like Hipo covers but chrome and not far away.

I post a picture of my engine after restoration done 6-7 years ago, and I will post later with the valve cover change.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!