Used 1967 Hipo Short Block

• Here is a used 1967 Hipo short block for sale by Ebay member "collector1138" with a Buy-It-Now of $3,500.00 or make offer:

1967 Ford High performance 289 short block. This was a complete running engine, but had some broken rings. Block was cast April 7, 1967 and assembled April 18, 1967. Block has been cleaned, cam bearings removed and magnafluxed. No cracks. I had the machine shop repair two bad engine mount threads with inserts and other than that block is good and ready for a rebuild. Has never been overbored and was told it should be fine at .030. The #4 main cap had the top ground flat and "4" scribed into it. I thought maybe it had been replaced, but there is no evidence of damage and it had the original ford dated bearing in it so my guess when the block was machined someone grabbed a cap marked 1 or 2 or the 4 was unreadable so this must have been done at the factory. #4 cap has the same orange paint as the other caps. Block had same orange paint internally before it was cleaned. No VIN on the block so this may have been a service replacement or was never VIN stamped. Crank is good. Marked 1M and has the ground area with the Brinnell mark on the last counter weight. Has the separate "hatchet" counterweight. Crank also has the same orange paint on it. Rods have the larger 9/16 nuts and also have orange paint marks on them. Has the original Ford pistons. Cam has no part number other than "Ford" "7" "EA" and "X" but appears to be the original solid lifter cam. Camshaft has the same orange paint on it. Someone added a boss 302 windage tray which is included. I do not have the heads so please don't ask-they are long gone. Good original short block for your Mustang or Shelby hipo 289 build. The buyer can pick up locally at 98027 or I can loosely assemble, bag it and put it on a pallet and you can have a trucking company pick up at your own expense. I have additional pictures. Ask any questions.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-hipo-…jYAAOSwm11eSwVZ

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• C6ZZKGT February 19, 2020 at 3:24 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Used 1967 Short Block” to “Used 1967 Hipo Short Block”.
  • Here is a used 1967 Hipo short block for sale by Ebay member "collector1138" with a Buy-It-Now of $3,500.00 or make offer:

1967 Ford High performance 289 short block. This was a complete running engine, but had some broken rings. Block was cast April 7, 1967 and assembled April 18, 1967. Block has been cleaned, cam bearings removed and magnafluxed. No cracks. I had the machine shop repair two bad engine mount threads with inserts and other than that block is good and ready for a rebuild. Has never been overbored and was told it should be fine at .030. The #4 main cap had the top ground flat and "4" scribed into it. I thought maybe it had been replaced, but there is no evidence of damage and it had the original ford dated bearing in it so my guess when the block was machined someone grabbed a cap marked 1 or 2 or the 4 was unreadable so this must have been done at the factory. #4 cap has the same orange paint as the other caps. Block had same orange paint internally before it was cleaned. No VIN on the block so this may have been a service replacement or was never VIN stamped. Crank is good. Marked 1M and has the ground area with the Brinnell mark on the last counter weight. Has the separate "hatchet" counterweight. Crank also has the same orange paint on it. Rods have the larger 9/16 nuts and also have orange paint marks on them. Has the original Ford pistons. Cam has no part number other than "Ford" "7" "EA" and "X" but appears to be the original solid lifter cam. Camshaft has the same orange paint on it. Someone added a boss 302 windage tray which is included. I do not have the heads so please don't ask-they are long gone. Good original short block for your Mustang or Shelby hipo 289 build. The buyer can pick up locally at 98027 or I can loosely assemble, bag it and put it on a pallet and you can have a trucking company pick up at your own expense. I have additional pictures. Ask any questions.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-hipo-…jYAAOSwm11eSwVZ

-Fred-

This used 1967 Hipo short block sold Match 12, 2020 on Ebay for $2,999.00.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!