• Hello HiPo Folks.... Glad to be back on line here in Charlotte, NC. Member since 2006. Thanks Niko for getting this back up and running!!

We're home here to the Mustang 30th, 35th, 50th and 55th Birthday Celebrations, Carolina Regional Mustang Club, and the Mustang Owners Museum. I've owned many Mustangs through the years, going back to my first car, a '74 Mustang II Mach1 in 1981. My favorite though has to be my Nightmist Blue '66 K-GT 2+2 that I bought in 2005 out of western Michigan. It's an unrestored, all numbers matching, 4-spd Rally-Pac 3.50 Posi car with all original factory documentation including log books of every fuel fill-up, oil change, service, etc. from new. It was displayed at the HiPo 50th Reunion in 2013 at the Carlisle Ford Nationals. Was also on the cover of Mustang Monthly Aug. 2014 along with a 7-page feature story... 'Fastback Fantasy Tour'. It's my go-to driver for any local AACA, CRMC, and Mustang Owners Museum events with 137k now on the clock.

I got an email last week that this coveted site was back up and running, so re-joined immediately. Looks to have been operational for a while now so I'm fortunate to get my old name back.

Looking forward to getting reacquainted with everyone, and possibly a meet & greet at Ford Carlisle this year in early June.

Mark :my:

Mark Young

Weddington, NC

1955 Thunderbird

1965 GT350 R-Model Mark Donohue #11B Tribute

1966 GT350 Carry-Over Recreation

1966 K-GT 2+2 Nightmist Blue 4/26/66

2006 GT Track Car #11

2007 GT/CS Convertible

• Hello HiPo Folks.... Glad to be back on line here in Charlotte, NC. Member since 2006. Thanks Niko for getting this back up and running!!

We're home here to the Mustang 30th, 35th, 50th and 55th Birthday Celebrations, Carolina Regional Mustang Club, and the Mustang Owners Museum. I've owned many Mustangs through the years, going back to my first car, a '74 Mustang II Mach1 in 1981. My favorite though has to be my Nightmist Blue '66 K-GT 2+2 that I bought in 2005 out of western Michigan. It's an unrestored, all numbers matching, 4-spd Rally-Pac 3.50 Posi car with all original factory documentation including log books of every fuel fill-up, oil change, service, etc. from new. It was displayed at the HiPo 50th Reunion in 2013 at the Carlisle Ford Nationals. Was also on the cover of Mustang Monthly Aug. 2014 along with a 7-page feature story... 'Fastback Fantasy Tour'. It's my go-to driver for any local AACA, CRMC, and Mustang Owners Museum events with 137k now on the clock.

I got an email last week that this coveted site was back up and running, so re-joined immediately. Looks to have been operational for a while now so I'm fortunate to get my old name back.

Looking forward to getting reacquainted with everyone, and possibly a meet & greet at Ford Carlisle this year in early June.

Mark :my:

Welcome back aboard, Mark!!

It sounds like you are quite active in the Mustang world, especially in your area.

Niko and I discussed getting this site back up when he visited me in California during his stateside travels as he is an IT guy. He offered to host this site which is what he is doing. I was able to access the first two generations of this site as I was on both of them. Niko did his magic and he was able to get the first generation back up as an archive, which is very valuable. He has worked diligently to get the second generation back up but not as yet successfully. Hopefully this can happen in the future.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Aaahhh…. now I know the rest of the story. Thanks Fred for your due diligence as well. Hopefully both archives will become accessible before too long as there was a ton of data and pics that need to be brought back from the depths for the next generation of Kar owners, that are just now coming on board.

See ya around the forums!

Mark

Mark Young

Weddington, NC

1955 Thunderbird

1965 GT350 R-Model Mark Donohue #11B Tribute

1966 GT350 Carry-Over Recreation

1966 K-GT 2+2 Nightmist Blue 4/26/66

2006 GT Track Car #11

2007 GT/CS Convertible

• Aaahhh…. now I know the rest of the story. Thanks Fred for your due diligence as well. Hopefully both archives will become accessible before too long as there was a ton of data and pics that need to be brought back from the depths for the next generation of Kar owners, that are just now coming on board.

See ya around the forums!

Mark

From what I recall, the first generation had more information than the second generation. One example was Dave Wallace and the recreation of the Arvinode system with Waldron. That was a tremendous effort on his part and used a lot of band width in covering the story.That was first generation stuff. The pictures, so far, have not been able to be resurrected from the first generation.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Hello Mark,

welcome aboard!

Unfortunately we just have a backup from the database, not the server itself. The database only contains text (the posts, the topics, the users), the server had all the pictures stored. Fred will call Hank (the old admin) soon to ask him if he could help us out. Maybe you could ask him about the pictures as well?

The second generation backup that he have is incomplete. It seems like it was interrupted during the backup process. There's nothing really we can do.

Well, I'm straying from the topic. Welcome back!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!