• Hi, I just had this arrive in the post today and thought that I would share some pictures.
    It is missing the choke linkage- I am thinking of buying a Mustang Etc repop?
    Missing a brass tube- used parts carb?
    Bent throttle linkage- straighten out or replace from a used carb?
    The rear venturi booster does not have a check ball?- used parts carb?
    Dashpot and bracket missing- used parts carb or NOS dash pot(eBay) and repro bracket?
    Thanks in Advance Eddie
    [hr]

• Eddie, Thank you for posting the pictures.

The Mustangs Etc. manual choke setup is a really good kit as they went to a lot of trouble to correct issues on earlier vendors versions. It is almost exactly like original except for the rod going to from the fast idle cam to the choke plate. The original rod had a bump in it that held the spring where their rod uses an "E" clip in a slot for this. Earlier versions by different vendors were the same. Mustangs Etc. tried to get that bump put in the rod but could not find a source as the process is complicated. This is really not noticeable unless you were really looking for it. I have personally been involved with Mustang Etc. on the reproduction of this linkage as I have supplied original samples.

Which brass tube are you missing?

How badly bent is the throttle linkage? is it just where the throttle rod connects to the carburetor? Keep in mind that the throttle rod needs to come from a 1.12 venturi carburetor and NOT a 1.08 as the slots for the throttle plates are too small on the 1.08 version.

The rear venture booster does not use a check ball. The check ball in the primary is for the accelerator pump.

I have a good used dashpot bracket and NOS dashpot. Email me on this, please.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Quote from Zed

Hello Fred,
    Parts arrived, they all look great as does the choke linkage kit from Mustangs ETC.
    Once again it has been a pleasure to deal with you.
    Many Thanks Eddie

Eddie, Thanks for the update. I am happy that everything arrived safely and that you are pleased.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!