• Having recently taken possession of a '65 K code I have begun sorting the car and making the minor repairs that it requires. After purchasing the car I also bought Tony Gregory"s K code book and have found the car listed there so evidently there is history of the car in the community. I actually purchased the car from a consignor (that also titled the car in his name) who told me that he was selling the car for the family of the deceased owner. He had no documentation or paperwork to go along with the car and I would like to at least try to connect the dots if possible. Is there any way to access owner history through this site or any other? The VIN ends in 150765 and was previously titled in Utah.

[Blocked Image: http://giantclassiccars.com/uploads/photoalbum/1965-ford-mustang-convertible-k-code-matching-numbers-271-hp-289-v-8-4-speed-4.jpg]

• Quote from recips

Having recently taken possession of a '65 K code I have begun sorting the car and making the minor repairs that it requires. After purchasing the car I also bought Tony Gregory"s K code book and have found the car listed there so evidently there is history of the car in the community. I actually purchased the car from a consignor (that also titled the car in his name) who told me that he was selling the car for the family of the deceased owner. He had no documentation or paperwork to go along with the car and I would like to at least try to connect the dots if possible. Is there any way to access owner history through this site or any other? The VIN ends in 150765 and was previously titled in Utah.

[Blocked Image: http://giantclassiccars.com/uploads/photoalbum/1965-ford-mustang-convertible-k-code-matching-numbers-271-hp-289-v-8-4-speed-4.jpg]

There is no way to locate anyone through the registry as that is now closed. It is possible that you can contact the motor vehicle department in Utah to see if they have any records on your VIN.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Quote from C6ZZKGT

There is no way to locate anyone through the registry as that is now closed. It is possible that you can contact the motor vehicle department in Utah to see if they have any records on your VIN.

-Fred-

Good looking Kar!!!

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Thanks Fred.

I figured that I would try here first. Maybe someone will recognize the car and come up with a name?? I will try the UT DMV if I don't come up with something online prior.

• Quote from recips

Thanks Fred.

I figured that I would try here first. Maybe someone will recognize the car and come up with a name?? I will try the UT DMV if I don't come up with something online prior.

Best of luck with your online search. Let us know how you do with that. If you end up at the Utah DMV, let us know how that goes as well so that we can all learn something here.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!