Autolite 4100 C6zf-f Value, Date code

• I have come across a correct carb for my 66 C4 K. The carb looks complete with the correct booster venturi tube codes and dashpot.
    My Kar 's build date is Jan 31,66. The date code on the carb is late Sept 65. Although outside the typical 90 day window, would this carb still be considered correct? Any idea on the value? The ad states a rebuild 5 years ago. Thanks for any input..

• Quote from 66Kstang199853

I have come across a correct carb for my 66 C4 K. The carb looks complete with the correct booster venturi tube codes and dashpot.
    My Kar 's build date is Jan 31,66. The date code on the carb is late Sept 65. Although outside the typical 90 day window, would this carb still be considered correct? Any idea on the value? The ad states a rebuild 5 years ago. Thanks for any input..

I would not have a date code issue if the carburetor is the REAL deal. The only date code for the builds is the tag itself as generally all Hipo 4100 carburetors have an 11-5-63 casting date underneath. I would consider that anything under $3,500 is a bargain as the 66 GT350H guys would happily snap this one up. Let us know how you come out on this.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• I would not have a date code issue if the carburetor is the REAL deal. The only date code for the builds is the tag itself as generally all Hipo 4100 carburetors have an 11-5-63 casting date underneath. I would consider that anything under $3,500 is a bargain as the 66 GT350H guys would happily snap this one up. Let us know how you come out on this.

-Fred-

Thanks Fred. I will let you know.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!