• Quote from wmcurryjr

Hi,

Saw a HEH BT close ratio toploader for sale. Is this correct for early 65 K codes? Wondering

Thanks, Wallace
    307-449-7342

Wallace, I tried to call you but your phone number as stated as not in service and I tried twice. That said, an HEH-BT is NOT a close ratio and is NOT for a Hipo. The identifier information that is out there on the internet toploader sites is in error. They also have an error on dates used for the HEH-T transmission and this comes directly from the Ford MPC which is in error on that transmission. We had HEH-T transmission with stamped VIN's on the original Hipo site with Kar production dates as late as May 1965. The toploader sites show that transmission from 8-20-1964 to 10-1-1964 which matches the Ford MPC but that information is in error. If you are in doubt, ask the seller how many teeth are on the second gear. 28 is a close ratio and 31 is a wide ratio. You can call me tonight before 8 PM PDT at my wifes house 909-621-9909.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Quote from C6ZZKGT

Wallace, I tried to call you but your phone number as stated as not in service and I tried twice. That said, an HEH-BT is NOT a close ratio and is NOT for a Hipo. The identifier information that is out there on the internet toploader sites is in error. They also have an error on dates used for the HEH-T transmission and this comes directly from the Ford MPC which is in error on that transmission. We had HEH-T transmission with stamped VIN's on the original Hipo site with Kar production dates as late as May 1965. The toploader sites show that transmission from 8-20-1964 to 10-1-1964 which matches the Ford MPC but that information is in error. If you are in doubt, ask the seller how many teeth are on the second gear. 28 is a close ratio and 31 is a wide ratio. You can call me tonight before 8 PM PDT at my wifes house 909-621-9909.

-Fred-

Wallace, is this the transmission in question?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-toplo…dcAAOSw6eRddBuR

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!