Seeking Info on Late Brother's '65 HiPo Fastback

• Seeking information on the status of my Late Brother's 1965 HiPo Fastback. VIN: 5F09K749714. Purchased new in Newark, Ohio in 1965. Raven Black, Black interior, Rally-Pac. My brother added White Shelby stripes, GT badges, roll bars and '66 GTO tail lights (he loved the '66 Shelby tail light look, but could not get his hands on a set in '67, so he went with the '66 GTO louvered tail lights when he modified the car).

The car was street legal and was owned & driven by 2 of my brothers, but was drag raced by my late brother from '65 thru '68/'69 at National Trails Raceway, Hebron, OH. Last time I saw it (late 1980's), it was for sale in Newark, Ohio, but had no motor or tranny, Standard Interior was replaced with Pony Interior and had additional drag race safety features added (external kill switch on tail light panel, etc.). I tried to buy it, but missed getting the car due to military duty.

I heard about 10 years ago it had been drag raced again for a while (again) at National Trails Raceway and the frame rails may have buckled.

A VIN search of the Ohio Vehicle database shows the VIN is still active with new title date of 1994 (meaning the car was not junked). At this point, I'm more curious of status, than trying to solicit the purchase of the vehicle, unless of course, the owner is on here and is interested. This is the Mustang that got me hooked. I've had 2 Mustangs since then, '72 Fastback & '65 Fastback.

If you have any info, would love to hear about the car. Responses can be sent to my email, xawacer@comcast.net.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!