• Quote from HipoDunc

Actually what I have now is a five bolt hipo short block, rebuilt. I have pictures I will try to post of the build. Also a pair of hipo Heads....C3 castings.. any interest? we can discuss price. PM please

Is this the same Hipo bare block but now made into a complete short block? This is not negative but just curious.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Quote from HipoDunc

This is a different engine. it will be next week before I can get the details.

It is amazing how many 5 bolt Hipo blocks are floating around currently. I have three of them myself.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Quote from HipoDunc

The short block is date coded " 4D7", C40E-6015C of course. Assembly complete with cam, no dampner. Any offer considered. a nominal price tag of $2600. PM if you like..

Is this a standard bore or oversize? Is the crank a standard sized Hipo crank?

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Sorry Fred, I don't know at this point but standard practice would suggest .030, and .010....
    and Fred, please don't forward any updates on the many parts listed on eBay, I'm not buying any of those items, thanks.

Edited once, last by HipoDunc (November 10, 2019 at 1:20 PM).

• Quote from HipoDunc

Sorry Fred, I don't know at this point but standard practice would suggest .030, and .010....
    [hr]
    and Fred, please don't forward any updates on the many parts listed on eBay, I'm not buying any of those items, thanks.

Duncan, Is this site sending you those Ebay updates? If it is, I do not know how to start or stop sending them or even if this site has that ability. I do know that I am not personally forwarding them to you. If this site is doing that I can research the issue and try to correct the problem. I know that notifications can be done on individual threads if you subscribe to them.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!