• New E-Bay Listing: 65 K Coupe

By Seller: "azbeneman"

In Chandler, AZ

Car previously noted in registry as being in OH

This listing ended with a high bid of $17,900.00

Reserve Not Met

Listing Info:

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>The original High Performance Mustang – 1965 “K” Code. These legendary cars were the basis for the Shelby GT-350s. In 1965, approximately 1% of all Mustangs produced came with this drive train. Designed from the factory for high RPM driving, these cars came with a 90 day or 4000 mile warranty that had to be signed off by the new owner prior to delivery. Obviously, Ford knew how these cars would be driven. According to Hipomustang.com, less than 300, 1965 K Code coupes exist today. Not many of the cars that are left have their original drive trains.

This example is an April 1965, San Jose built car showing a little over 79K miles (believed to be original). This car has it’s original Hi-Po drive train with VIN stamped block and transmission. The motor was rebuilt less than 2500 miles ago and all Hi-Po parts were photo documented. This car has been professionally tuned (3/08), and under the hood is nicely detailed.

Drive Train Specifications:

Block: C5AE-6015, Casting Date 2/3/65, Assembly Date: 3/9/65, VIN stamped on passenger side.

Hi-Po Heads: Correct Original , both dated 2/16/65, with the number “20” casted on each.

Hi-Po Carb: C8ZF- J, Correct Service Replacement carb purchased NOS, installed 3/08.

Transmission: Correct Original HEH-T Hi-Po Top Loader 4spd, VIN Stamped.

Distributor: Correct Original C5OF- 12127, dual point distributor dated 2/65.

Rear End : Correct Original 65 unit (tapered ends). Currently running 3.25:1 gears (1969 center section, detailed and painted). The original 3:50:1 gears come with the car, dated 3/17/65.

The Rest: The car has all of it’s 1965 K code parts: correct main bearing caps, Hi-Po cam, balancer, intake, fan, timing chain cover, motor mounts, snubber bumper and steering box. The original exhaust manifolds come with the car (restored). The car currently has an old set of Tri-Y Headers on it. I have been told that these could be an original set, but I have no way of verifying that.

Body : All panels with the exception of the driver’s door and right front fender are original and rust free. The car retains all of it’s original glass, and has new weather stripping on both the rear window & windshield (9/08). The stainless was polished at that time. The car has new bumpers, door handles, emblems, etc. The car came from the factory in Honey Gold with a Black standard interior, and was painted black in the 1980s. The paint has been polished and buffed, but I would still consider it a driver quality paint job. The paint has scratches and chips (touched up) in several areas. There is a small dimple in the trunk lid that is in a location that it can be repaired.

Although built after the introduction of the GT package, this car was not ordered with that option. The car currently has a nice set of 65 spinner hub caps mounted on reproduction dual red line bias ply tires. This car also has a Custom Auto Sound AM/FM/MP3 stereo designed to look like the original as well as Pioneer speakers mounted in the kick panels.

VIN: 5R07K212283

Ford Door Tag – Trim =65A, Color =C, Interior =26, Date =21R , DSO =71, Axle =5, Transmission =5

This solid lifter car can be driven anywhere. I have put nearly 2000 miles on it in the last year, and even in the hot Arizona summer, the car does not over heat. With this car, you can enjoy Shelby GT-350 performance for 1/10th the price. Although not restored to show condition, it did take a “People’s Choice” award (64-73) that the MCA West Region show 10/08.

The car is available for inspection. Please call 480-309-0948 to arrange an inspection. You won't be disappointed.

Don’t miss out on owning a piece of Ford history by passing up this excellent numbers matching K Code Mustang.

Vehicle is being sold as is, where is, with no warranty, expressed or implied. It is the sole responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle and bid accordingly.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/…em=140302501678

Edited by - 66tiger on 04/04/2009 20:40:18

• That's my car. I tried several times through the site to update the ownership info, but that does not work.

It's an amazing car that is a blast to drive. I have had the car about a year and have really enjoyed it. I have another K opportunity that I can't pass up. Can't justify keeping them both.

Craig

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!