• Let's not jump to conclusions here without knowing all the facts. The car might indeed may be an original K code, but maybe had the inner fender replaced due to accident damage or rust.

Was the rear snubber plate checked? That usually will answer the "re-body" question.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I have sent pictures of the underneath to one of the members here, he feels it looks correct to be a Hi-Po body. It does trouble me that BJ Auction had it listed as a Mustang, not a GT or even a K code. It was sold this year at the Fl. sale.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

If the above is accurate and then one sees a VIN that was obviously welded in place makes me think this K code does not pass the smell test. As you say Charles, we don't want to jump to conclusions, but I think this is rather compelling evidence if all is accurate.

Gary

• This was the final conclusion I made in his driveway. It has parts of an original K code but the first place any person will look to start the verification process is that left front inner fender VIN #. As soon as you see it you know it was welded in. It surely could have been in a collision years ago and the body shop might simply have performed the swap but who knows for sure? It just wasn't the car that I bid on and now it is back up on Ebay. He does seem to have found new evidence that it is a real GT and K code. My argument with him is that he told me face to face in his driveway that his wife would refund the deposit with PayPal. I even remarked to him that I didn't think it was correctly described in the ad and my preference was not to buy it but since he had my deposit I was kind of leveraged. He said "I wouldn't do that". I took him at his word, my fault. After I left either he changed his mind or his wife changed it for him. It was just too easy for him to keep it once it was in his account.

• FYI

Here is a line from his latest description,

The only potential bodywork is the front left fender and the rear left quarter may have been replaced.

I am the only person to see this car first hand other than the current owner. I showed him the choke hole thing and the fact that the rear left fender was clearly torched off and a new one mudded in, potential? I'll bet my life on it! I also find it very interesting that his comment is the "front left fender"! It is the front left INNER fender. There is bare metal showing around the edges of that inner fender where surface rust is and I also showed him where someone stick welded it first before spot welding other areas. To make matters more clear, the spot welds do not match the other fender. He absolutely agreed with me that it was not the original inner fender. I have been curious how he was going to describe it in his new ad. This is exactly why I didn't want the car. If I ever wanted to sell it after going into an accurate description I doubt anyone would believe it was a correct car. Why fight it when there are other documented cars available. I violated one of my oldest rules, know who you are buying from or look at it first.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!