• New E-Bay Listing: 67 K Coupe

Also referenced for sale above by Mark, forum member "brinks3447"

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>1967 Mustang K Code GTA Coupe

K code Mustangs are one of the most rare and unique of all the generations of Mustangs. They were only built from 1964 to 1967. These special cars consisted of a 289 engine with 271 horsepower and a 9" rear end. Originally you could only get a 4-speed manual transmission with the option of the K code engine. This was the case until 1966 when they offered an automatic transmission. This was a very rare combination and very few were produced with the automatic transmission. The same situation occurred during 1967 with the automatic transmission being available but very few were ordered. Being able to find one these very rare unique cars is a special treat.

This 1967 Mustang is one of the most rare of all. Truly a one of a kind car. Look down at the statistical analysis provided by Kevin Marti to see that this car is only one of three Candy Apple Red 1967 Mustang Coupes with K code engine and automatic transmission. It is the only one that has black interior with the console. How many 1967 K code Mustangs have you even seen, much less a Candy Apple Red K code coupe? This is an extremely late build date. It could be one of the last K codes ever built. Production of the K code stopped in the same month this car was built. This could even be the last K code coupe ever built, but that is speculation.

This car is very nicely restored. It is not a 100 point concourse car. The car does not have the original K code engine in it. The only K code specific parts that are in the engine bay are the 1967 Hipo exhaust manifolds. I believe the engine is a 1968 289 due to the fact that the heads are dated as such. It has been upgraded with an new intake manifold and an Autolite 4100 series carburetor. I do not know if the carburetor is a Hipo because it is missing its tag. This car has a C4 automatic transmission with the 9" rear end. Both believed to be original to the car. This car does not have a GT hood on it. It does come with the original GT hood. The hood has a small rust spot on the passenger side where the hinge bolts on. This car has 1968 seat covers. Other than those mistakes I believe that it is a very nice car. It runs extremely well and you can feel free to drive on the highway at 70 mph with no shakes or problems.

If you have any questions please e-mail me at BrinkerM1@nku.edu

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/…04879&rd=1&rd=1

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!