• Sold for <b>??</b> by seller

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>This item is the rare 1965-1967 289 hipo K code/Shelby main caps. The main caps have the correct casting numbers such as the C30E-A, the second cap has the #1 with the arrow and a cast in dot, #2 with an arrow and the cast in A, #3 with the arrow and the fourth main cap has an arrow yet the #4 is not visible and there is a ground off section...see photo. All of the main caps fit perfectly on the original K code block which was date coded 7D4 (April 1967). The block was .060 over and damaged. Prior to sending it to the recycler, I took photos of the main caps on the block.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

link

• The #4 cap DOES appear to be genuine hipo, but I bet it started out life as a 1, 2, or 3. They probably ground off the number so there wouldn't be any confusion for future rebuilders.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

The #4 cap DOES appear to be genuine hipo, but I bet it started out life as a 1, 2, or 3. They probably ground off the number so there wouldn't be any confusion for future rebuilders.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

You can see the #4 inscribed into the ground off area and can see where the original number was removed. Definitely a hipo cap but most likely not an original #4. At least the seller is out front about it...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!