Used Motorcraft Distributor

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

This one <b>SOLD</b> for only $95.01.

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

This is a Motocraft service replacement distributor for the famous 65-67 289 High Performance engine. Points and condensor will need to be replaced. Coil wire is missing, will try to locate it before end of auction, but for bidding purposes, consider it MIA. Will include an NOS set of advance springs. C50F-12127-E, date code 8C27. Spins free, but feels like its about ready for a new set of bushings. Body is in fantastic condition, and appears to be sporting a coat of paint.

<center>

[Blocked Image: http://www.hipomustang.com/cgi-bin/parts/…tor102005-1.jpg]

eBay link</center>

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

This was my auction. I was too honest in my description I guess. This is the same dizzy I bought for $110 way back up in this thread. It's a good dizzy, better than I described it. Oh well, you win some, you lose some...

• I guess it's a little disappointing for you, but prices have been all over the place for these distributors on eBay. The ones that should bring big dollars don't always, and other ones that aren't that desirable (IMO) sometimes pull down many times more than they should.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I guess it's a little disappointing for you, but prices have been all over the place for these distributors on eBay. The ones that should bring big dollars don't always, and other ones that aren't that desirable (IMO) sometimes pull down many times more than they should.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I lost a few dollars on it, no big deal. At least it's finding a deserving home on K convertible down under... Not sure yet if the buyer is a member here, headed him this way just in case.

• This used MOTORCRAFT distributor <b>SOLD</b> for a surprising $381.00. "5F24" date code is from 1975.

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

Up for auction is a very nice Motorcraft dual point Hipo distributor. It is in very nice shape and the part number is C5OF 12127 E and the date code is 5F24.

<center>

eBay link</center>

• This one <b>SOLD</b> for $126.50 by "gtacode".

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

YOUR BID IS FOR A DUAL POINT MOTORCRAFT REPLACEMENT 289 HIPO DISTRIBUTOR. I PURCHASED THIS NEW A LONG TIME AGO AND USED IT LESS THAN 500 MILES. THEN I RESTORED MY CAR BACK TO ORGINAL A CODE SPECS. IT'S IN GREAT SHAPE, AND HAS BEEN IN STORAGE FOR TWENTY YEARS OR MORE. LOOK CLOSELY AT THE PICTURES AND NOTICE THIS IS THE REPLACEMENT STYLE WITH THE BLOCKOFF PLATE. IT ALSO HAS THE EXTRA WIRE FOR THE TACK ON THE HARNESS, READY TO DROP IN AND GO. NEEDS JUST A LITTLE CLEANING FOR SHOW, BUT IS LIKE NEW AND TURNS FREELY.

<center>

eBay link</center>

• ...<b>SOLD</b> for $150.00 by eBay seller "5kfast".

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

You are bidding on a very good condition Motorcraft dual point distributor. It's ready to use. The codes on the distributor are: C5OF 12127 E 1M16.

<center>

eBay link</center>

• This used distributor was <b>SOLD</b> for $166.06 by eBay seller "79broncoefi"

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

You are bidding on a 1975 289 H.P. Distributor. The numbers cast and stamped in the front are as follows: C5OF 12127 E 5K20 MOTORCRAFT

The numbers cast in the side are: C50F-12131-B

All of the numbers and markings are extremely clear; my camera does not take good pics up close. I guarantee the stampings are about absolutly perfect. The distributor is in excellant condition, and it has never been restored. It is a factory finish not a bead blast, so there is some minor corrosion on the surface in some areas. The two clips have surface rust as do the pins. The gear is in good condition with no unusual wear.

<center>

eBay link</center>

• This distributor was <b>SOLD</b> for $345.00 by eBay seller "rmr60v8".

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

UP FOR AUCTION IS A 1965 289 HiPo DUAL POINT DISTRIBUTOR. IT HAS C5OF-12127-E CAST INTO THE SIDE AND THE OTHER PART # IS C5OF-12131-B IT ALSO HAS THE POINTS, CONDENSER AND PRIMARY LEAD WIRE. THIS WOULD BE EXCELLENT FOR THAT HIPO SHOW CAR.

<center>

eBay link</center>

• This "NOS" Motorcraft was <b>SOLD</b> for $275.00 by eBay seller "ggt500".

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

This Auction Is For A New Old Stock 289 Hi-Po Distributor. This Unit will Fit all 289 Motors And Is In Perfect Condition.

<center>

eBay link</center>

• This used MOTORCRAFT distrubutor was <b>SOLD</b> for $175.00 by eBay seller "blackwingranger".

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

Ford 289 dual point distributor. For your Mustang HiPo or Shelby Cobra Clone. Looks to be in good shape, I found a correct date code distributor for my car. Wife is making me get rid of my swag so my loss is your gain. Please ask questions. No returns. This is a Motorcraft C50F 12127 with a date code of 8C27. Very nice and crisp stamping on it, easy to read.

<center>eBay link</center>

• This used MOTORCRAFT distributor was <b>SOLD</b> for $233.50 by eBay seller "fastbackstack".

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

This is the part that fits in the front of the engine and controls the ignition timing. The part number on the stem of the distributor is "C50F-12131-B". The part number on the front of the distributor is "C50F 12127 E 5K20" followed by "Motorcraft". This distributor was pulled from a 289 HiPo in a non-running 1965 Mustang.

This distributor is in good, original condition. There are no cracks or major blemishes. The aluminum housing does not have any major corrosion. It is covered with a little grease, but will clean up very nicely. All major components appear to be in place, however the coil wire is missing. It still has the points and condensor in it.

The distributor gear is in good condition with no chipped teeth. The distributor cap retaining clips are intact and in good condition. The shaft moves freely, but does have a little end-to-end play. This distributor has not been tested and may need to be rebuilt.

<center>eBay link</center>

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!