• This set of used BOSS rods was <b>SOLD</b> for $282.77 by eBay seller "jone67".

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

Here is a set of 8 Boss 302 connecting rods. These have the 3/8" bolts and length of 5.155", the same as the 289 and 289 HiPo rods. These are interchangeable with the 289 HiPo rods, and are actually the service replacement for the HiPo. I bought them as a used set, but I do not know the history of them. All of the numbers match top and bottom, but all are not numbered consecutively 1-8, so I am not sure if they were all used in the same engine. They look to have been balanced at one time. They should be resized and balanced with new bolts before installing in your engine. Thanks for looking. NO RESERVE!

<center>

eBay link</center>

• This set of used rods was <b>SOLD</b> by eBay seller "performance*incorporated" for $305.00.

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

This Is An Auction For An Original Set Of Eight ( C3AE-D Boss 302 Connecting Rods. These Units Are Similar To The C3AE HiPo 289 Units Only Having Larger 3/8" Cap Bolts. The Rods Themselves Appear To Be In Good Condition. We Are Uncertain As To The Origins Of The Pistons.

More Than Likely You Will Want To Replace Them Anyway. We Also Recomend Reconditioning The Rods (which should be done before using any used rods). These Units Are Usually Considered Hard To Find And Are Not Becoming Any Easier To Find.

<center>

eBay link</center>

• This set of used BOSS rods was <b>SOLD</b> for $282.77 by eBay seller "jone67".

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

Here is a set of 8 Boss 302 connecting rods. These have the 3/8" bolts and length of 5.155", the same as the 289 and 289 HiPo rods. These are interchangeable with the 289 HiPo rods, and are actually the service replacement for the HiPo. I bought them as a used set, but I do not know the history of them. All of the numbers match top and bottom, but all are not numbered consecutively 1-8, so I am not sure if they were all used in the same motor. They look to have been balanced at one time. They should be resized and balanced with new bolts before installing in your engine. Thanks for looking. NO RESERVE!

<center>

[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170049185068&rd=1,1]eBay link[/url]</center>

• This set of used rods was <b>SOLD</b> for $380.22 by eBay seller "bleedfordblue69".

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

Set of 8 1963-70 289 HiPo or Boss 302 connecting Rods. Has big 3/8" "football" head bolts and 9/16 nut. Part # C3AE-D with yellow paint marks. Need to be cleaned better. Rods were in sealed plastic bags since early 80's. Some surface rust, and should be reconditioned before installing. Very good upper with no noticeable wear. Not stretched or bent. Look to be nice originals and do think they have been reconditioned. Looks to be a matched set. No battle damage.

<center>

eBay link</center>

• This used set of rods (with 260 pistons) was <b>SOLD</b> for $405.69 by eBay seller "falconfutura1965".

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

Up for auction is a complete set of ( 289 HiPo Connecting Rods. These have been in my parent's basement for almost 30 years. I got them from a gentleman who had them in a 260 (same length) when I was 16, and never used them. The orange marking is still slightly visible. They have the factory 3/8" rod bolts in them. There is some slight surface rust and they will need to be reconditioned. Casting # C3AE. These are getting real hard to find. Bid to win!

On Jan-18-07 at 14:28:12 PST, seller added the following information:

It has been brought to my to my attention that these are factory Ford HiPo service replacement rods. This is why they are not stamped 1 through 8.

<center>

eBay link</center>

• This set of 6 used rods was <b>SOLD</b> for $269.22 by eBay seller "back266".

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

Up for auction; 6 used original Ford 289 “HiPo” connecting rods. These are the ones used in Ford's legendary 289 High Performance "K" code engines. Sorry folks, there are only the 6 of them. Ford casting numbers are C3AE-D. These were in a completely re-built original Hi-Po motor for only 1200 miles before something let go, damaging 2 of the rods. The entire engine was professionally re-built by a reputable machine shop, and that is as much as the original owner of these rods knows. One can only assume the rods were done properly. They have the 3/8" rod bolts and appear to be original. One of them has a sleeve pressed in (see picture), and has a blue color to the casting. It would seem high heat was a factor, but I was told by a friend of mine who re-builds motors that this occurs when you heat the rod to press in the sleeve. I believe these rods are also the same as Boss 302, but you would need to confirm that. The other five rods appear to be in great shape. I cannot guarantee these rods in any way and they are purchased as is.

<center>

eBay link</center>

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!