Used "FoMoCo" Dual Point Distributor

• Here's a used FoMoCo stamped dual point distributor that <b>SOLD</b> for only $126.50.

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

65 Ford dual point distributor, no vacumn advance, if I remember correctly came out of a 65 High Performance 289 Mustang. Been laying in my shop for 20 years or so, don't think I'm going to use it, so it's time to go. If you have a 289 HiPo motor, this is the part you want to make it correct. Has the following numbers on it: C50F-12131-B, located on lower housing. On the side of the main housing it has C5OF 12127 E, and below this is 4HB. Distributor is in great shape except for one of the ears that the pin goes through to hold one of the clips is broken. Could probably be fixed with a little jb weld. Email me with any questions. Thanks for looking.

<center>

[Blocked Image: http://www.hipomustang.com/cgi-bin/parts/…tor111005-1.jpg]

eBay link</center>

• Sold for <b>$379</b> by "bossmusclecars".

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Very rare original FOMOCO casting 289 HiPo distributor. Original part # C5OF-12127-E. Date code is "6G15" indicating July 15, 1966 production. Decent used condition, but the wire lead has been taped together and in one area is nearly broken off. It will likely need to be rebuilt and detailed. Again this is the rare early FOMOCO casting and NOT a replacement Autolite or Motorcraft casting.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

<center>link</center>

• This one <b>SOLD</b> for $375.00 by seller "theblue302". Auction ended with a Buy it Now purchase.

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

You are bidding on a totally restored 289 HiPo Dual Point distributor. Correct for the Shelby 289 HiPo 306 HP, and the Mustang K code 289 HiPo 271 HP and will work in the 1969-70 Boss 302, 290 HP. Also used in Cougar Eliminator, Comet, and Fairlanes. This is a Ford original HiPo dual point distributor. Part number on the housing reads C5OF-12127-E. The housing casting reads FOMOCO. Date code reads 5GE. It comes complete with all NEW Motorcraft dual points, condenser and correct wire and new Motorcraft breaker plate. Also Motorcraft black rotor and black distributor cap. This thing is sweet!

<center>

eBay link</center>

• This FoMoCo distributor <b>SOLD</b> for $204.00 by seller "sc93cobra".

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

I bought this years ago from a friend. He pulled it out of an orginal hipo 289 in a Mustang or Fairlane (he can't remember). It is complete with new Blue Points I put in it and a new Blue Point Condenser. It's in great shape and he said he ran it for a small time in a small block he had (back in the 70s). Since I've had it it has set on a shelf in the garage and it's time to let it go. There is a small little piece of casting missing out of it where the pins that hold the hold down pieces go but does not affect it's usablity at all. You can see it in one of the pictures. It moves freely and seems to be in good working order. The numbers on it are C50F 12127 E and underneath that it has stamped 4 MA and of course has the FoMoCo next to it all.

<center>

eBay link</center>

• This one was <b>SOLD</b> for a very impressive $515.00 by eBay seller "jone67".

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

Here is an original FoMoCo script 289 High Performance dual point distributor. The date is 4LE which would be 5th week of November 1964. This would be perfect for that 1965 GT 350 or K code Mustang. It is in great used shape except that someone spent a lot of time polishing the aluminum housing. It could be bead blasted and restored to look as original. It looks like the original casting # on the housing on the shaft portion of the housing may have been polished out, as it is not there. All numbers on the upper portion are there and clearly visible. The numbers are as follows: C5OF-12127-E.

<center>

[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8061540999&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT]eBay link[/url]</center>

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

This FoMoCo stamped dual point <b>SOLD</b> for $316.09. (NOTE: Although the seller wasn't sure of the exact meaning of the date code "4LE", it means the last week of November, 1964.)

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

You are bidding on an original Ford 289 HiPo distributor. This distributor is correct for early 65 Shelby and 1965 K-Code car. Housing is in good shape with no pitting. Build date on the distributor is November, 1964. Day is stamped E. (4LE) I have never seen a day stamp of E??? Not sure what this means, EXPERIMENTAL????? C5OF-E stamp and date code stamp are all the same type of stamp and looks to be original. Also, this is a FoMoCo distributor correct for early Shelby. I can send additional pictures of stamp if requested.

<center>[Blocked Image: http://www.hipomustang.com/cgi-bin/parts/…butor050605.jpg]</center>

<center>eBay link</center>

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

• This used FoMoCo distributor case was <b>SOLD</b> for $190.27 by eBay seller "1snakeman1".

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

This is a very nice original HiPo 289 Mustang distributor case. It's in excellent condition with FOMOCO on it. Date code is 5FD. It's been bead blasted and it is in "unpainted" natural condition. Just put your distributor inside into the case and have a very nice 65 dated distributor.

<center>

eBay link</center>

• This used FoMoCo distributor was <b>SOLD</b> for $150.00 by eBay seller "lasher003".

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

HiPo 289 FoMoCo Dual-Point Distributor #C50F. This distributor is in great shape! Centrifugal advance works perfectly! There is no slippage or slop in the shaft or drive gear! The primary wire is missing which should not present any issues. Please e-mail me with any questions. Serious bidders only please! Thank You for looking!

<center>

eBay link</center>

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

This used FoMoCo distributor case was <b>SOLD</b> for $190.27 by eBay seller "1snakeman1".

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

This is a very nice original HiPo 289 Mustang distributor case. It's in excellent condition with FOMOCO on it. Date code is 5FD. It's been bead blasted and it is in "unpainted" natural condition. Just put your distributor inside into the case and have a very nice 65 dated distributor.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Looks more like it was sand blasted. They ruined it. I guess if you are desparate...

Looks more like it was sand blasted. They ruined it. I guess if you are desperate...

I agree...considering it's an empty housing without any internal parts, someone really spent a lot of money on it.

• This used distributor was <b>SOLD</b> for $310.78 by eBay seller "billh2".

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

You are bidding on a 1965 289 H.P. Distributor. It has FoMoCo cast into the side, so it is NOT a service replacement. When I purchased it, I was assured that it didn’t have a date code. After cleaning it, the date code was revealed. It is barely legible. The first number appears to be a 5. The second letter appears to be a D. The only letter that is readable is the last one, which is a D. So, The distributor’s date code is the fourth week of April, 1965. The reason I am selling it is because it is out of date for my car by five months.

I had it disassembled, cleaned, glass beaded, and reassembled with new Borg Warner points and condensor. I would rate the condition of the bushings as fair. The lead wire should be replaced as it is not correct for a HiPo Distributor.

This is a used item and it sold as is.

<center>

eBay link</center>

• This used distributor was <b>SOLD</b> for $565.55 by eBay seller "johnjb".

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

You are bidding on a 1966 289 H.P. Distributor. It has FoMoCo 12127 cast into the side, so it is NOT a service replacement. The Date code is: first number is a 6. The second letter is a D and the third number is a 2. on the side the # is C5O5-12131-B. The shaft turns easily, has points and capacitor.

<center>

eBay link</center>

• This used distributor was <b>SOLD</b> for $304.07 by eBay seller "77hazelllc".

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

FOMOCO DUAL POINT DISTRIBUTOR USED ON K CODE 289 ENGINES INCLUDING SHELBY GT350. ORIGINAL, UNMOLESTED FINISH. MISSING WIRE THAT RUNS TO COIL. POINTS ARE IN GOOD SHAPE. JUST INSTALL AND GO. DATE CODE IS 528 C50F 21217 C50F-12131-B.

<center>

eBay link</center>

• This used FoMoCo distributor is dated "4JD", and was <b>SOLD</b> for $345.00 by eBay seller "olenracing".

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

THIS IS A 289 HIPO (FOMOCO) DISTRIBUTOR #C50F-12127-E. DATE CODE: 4JD. THIS IS A DUAL POINT DISTRIBUTOR. THE LEAD WIRE IS IN GREAT CONDITION, AND LOOKS TO BE IN GREAT WORKING ORDER. EVERTHING IS INTACT. GEAR IS IN GOOD CONDITION AND THE CLIPS ARE BOTH ATTATCHED. BUYER PAYS SHIPPING.

<center>

eBay link</center>

• This FoMoCo distributor was <b>SOLD</b> for $380.00 by eBay seller "craners". Considering the date code is from 1968, it isn't a "numbers matching" distributor for any K code Mustang...

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

FOMOCO Dual Point Distributor, C5OF 12127 E (casting # C50f-12131-B 2) Date Code: 8A22. Correct for 289 Hi-PO, K Code Engine, Cobra, GT350, GT350H, Fairlane. All K code applications. Very Very Good condition. Coil wire repaired, otherwise very very nice. See pictures for details, email for any questions and additional pictures. Bid with confidance.

<center>[Blocked Image: http://i12.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/9a/c8/e099_12.JPG]

eBay link</center>

• This used FoMoCo distributor was <b>SOLD</b> for $385.00 by eBay seller "fastbackstack".

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

This is the part that fits in the front of the engine and controls the ignition timing. The part number on the stem of the distributor is "C50F-12131-B". The part number on the front of the distributor is "C50F E 6 A A" followed by "FoMoCo". This distributor was pulled from a 289 HiPo in a non-running 1965 Mustang.

This distributor is in good, original condition. There are no cracks or major blemishes. The aluminum housing does not have any major corrosion. It is covered with a little grease, but will clean up very nicely. All major components appear to be in place. It still has the Autolite points and condensor in it.

The distributor gear is in good condition with no chipped teeth. The distributor cap retaining clips are intact and in good condition. The wire is in fair condition. The casing has separated from the connector, but the wire is intact.

The shaft moves freely, but does have a little end-to-end play. This distributor has not been tested and may need to be rebuilt.

Original dual point distributors are hard to find. Reproductions are available but do not offer the same appearance. This is an original FoMoCo dual point distributor. These don't come around too often, so don't miss out on this one! Use this part to complete your classic Mustang restoration.

<center>eBay link</center>

• This FoMoCo distributor is dated "5LC" and was <b>SOLD</b> for $351.00. by eBay seller "ricktone".

<b>DESCRIPTION</b>:

Nice clean 289 HiPo distrtibutor. Casting number C5OF-E. Date code is 5LC. Ran great with no problems when removed from engine. Nice piece for your accurate restoration. No points, cap, or rotor included, but does come with an original factory Motorcraft condensor part # C9AF-12300-B. Thanks!

<center>[Blocked Image: http://i10.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/99/76/4750_12_sb.JPG]

eBay link</center>

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!