Early 64.5 Mustang

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

He does a lot of "Resto Mods" and was recently a featured guest on the DIY Channel's "Classic Car Restoration" program where they "Restofied" a '65 T code 2+2.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I only caught the last couple episodes of that show. It was on a few weeks ago, but I didn't pay enough attention to remember who was featured on the show. I certainly remember that T code fastback though. The 6 cylinder engine was swapped for a lightly massaged 289 with an aftermarket intake and 4 barrel carburetor. Headers and dual exhausts were fitted, along with disc brakes and suspension upgrades. All in all, it was a sensible build that probably made the car a pretty nice driver.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

He has had my car for a while now - I've asked him not to rush it since it is Raven black and I want it perfect. I'm patient and I want it right. The years, Oklahoma mud and road salt, and my teenage foot (lots of racing even before I owned it we think) were not kind. BUT at least it is a survivor - original VIN on the block and tranny and I now have obtained all the missing HiPo pieces.

Can't wait to get back behind the wheel - it has been parked and stored since 1989.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

That's almost 20 years since the car was parked. I'm sure it will be great to get it finished!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!