mixed emotions: fun ford weekend

• Been going to the Norwalk (ohio) FFW event for a few years, mostly to see the Nostalgia class. At one time, there were 50+ cars in that class, real race cars--T-bolts, galaxies, cyclones and of course, mustangs, etc. There was a Focus class that I enjoyed with my son who has a Focus and likes the sport compacts too. this year, 1 focus. There was a host of 6 second cars. this year -0-. the past 2 years have been really lean. this last week was about 15 cars in nostalgia, most just older street cars. there were not enough quick 16 cars in open and closed classes to make 16 cars combined. I will say this, the event is looking more and more like a NMRA event. street stang, ultra stang, fast stang... and most of those are fox or later body cars. I love mustangs, but come on. Is it the economy killing these events for the 'real race cars' or or these cars not showing up at this particular venue? who has been to some of the other events and what's been there?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!