66 HIPO MOTOR MOUNTS

• I have an early 66 K CONV and it has 65 hipo motor mounts, the car was built in sept/oct of 65, is this correct for the early 66's

• Yes it is correct. Ford didn't switch over all 289 cars to the stamped steel mounts until sometime after the '66 model year started - it was a running change but I do not know the time frame. I have a similar early "A" code '66 coupe with the '65 style regular 289 mounts.

• The "early" '66 HiPo mounts are the same as the '65 - you can search for this and find photos - especially in the "for sale" or ebay parts section.

After the change over all 289s used the same "standard" engine rubber mounts and a stamped steel frame mount - held together by one bolt.

The '65 HiPo and standard '65 mounts are different. The '65 HiPo mounts have 5 pieces - steel motor plate, square rubber block, round rubber disc, angled wedge plate, and a cast frame mount - they are held together with a large nut and a long bolt.

The "standard" '65 monut has 3 pieces - cast frame mount (not the same as the HiPo), a "L" shaped angle plate, and a rubber engine mount. These are held together by 2 large nuts.

Keep in mind that I'm not counting the bolts for the engine or the 2 or 3 bolts & nuts for frame monuting.

I have my HiPo mounts restored and ready to go back in my car and a set of standard '65 mounts I could photograph - I also have the later style '66 versions in a car - photos might not be as clear, but possible. Let me know exactly what you want and I'll try to get a pic or two for you.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!