Ideas needed: Bottom H20 Pump Hose

• I am sure someone has dealt with this before, but I have been runnning an aluminum cross flow radiator in my '66. Translation: the radiator outlet is on the drivers side and is therefore a long run to the water pump inlet. Does anyone have a neat way to make this connection? I am currently using some 1 1/2" Copper pipe and a few cut hoses....but it looks prettly ugly. Any neater ideas? Any hoses you have found to do this???

• Call these guys:

http://www.hosenow.com/opening.htm

The owner used to race high performance 289 Falcons years ago. They are fantastic people and very helpful with problem solving.

I think a couple elbows of hose and a run of stainless 2" tube with bead rolls will be your answer. The a bracket to support the stainless run. There are current model cars with a bracket that would probably work that could be bolted to existing holes in the horse collar.

• I did the same thing, using two flexible hoses with copper pipe joining them. I had mine attached to the sway bar - not the cleanest or most secure area but it worked for a few years. Fabricating a bracket to keep the hoses away from the fan and off the pavement would be smart.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!