Hurst Shifter Boot / Bezel

• So, for you guys with Hurst shifters in 65s & 66s, where is the best place to buy a boot and bezel. I have an old boot and bought a Scott Drake bezel. Together, they fit the opening fine, but they do not allow the shifter to move into 2nd and 4th. Do I need rectangular shaped ones? I hontestly do not remember what my old setup was like when I first bought the car 12 years ago.

Edited by - noelfisher on 10/16/2006 10:01:11

• Noel,

On my '65 with Hurst shifter, four speed and console, I got the top boot from Dallas Mustang. I have already split it after a couple of years of use. I tried to get a bottom boot (my understanding is '65 did not have one, but wanted to try and keep junk out), but did not find anything that fit over the Hurst linkage.

mwm

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Noel,

On my '65 with Hurst shifter, four speed and console, I got the top boot from Dallas Mustang. I have already split it after a couple of years of use.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I should have specified that I don't have a console. Surprisingly, my old boot (repop I'm sure) is pretty good - just skunky looking.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I tried to get a bottom boot (my understanding is '65 did not have one, but wanted to try and keep junk out), but did not find anything that fit over the Hurst linkage.

mwm

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Hmmm, I thought they all had a lower and thought I had seen it in the books. I'll look tonight if I get the time.

Anybody know about bezels for non-console cars with Hurst?

• Okay, thanks, Tom. I guess that's it. From looking at these (boot and bezel) I'd assume that the front two bezel and boot screw holes will match the original holes in the tunnel and that, without altering the tunnel opening, I would add two screw holes toward the rear of the car.

NPD sells or used to sell a Hurst-type boot that has an offset opening for the shifter lever.

• I bought a set today at Motor City Speed Shops (Livernois Engineering). For you Detroit area guys, they sell Hurst equipment. I'll check it out tomorrow when I go up north to put some miles on the car. The boot looks very nice - the bezel isn't even close to the Scott Drake one, but then Drake doesn't have Hurst Bezels.

Also, I think MWM is right - no lower boot for '65s, but I want to get soemthing that will work down below.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!