window mouldings..help...

• Hey there...car is in restoration phase right now...our original window mouldings are a bit dull from age but still nice with the slightest of slightest surface scratch here and there..nothing deep that you can feel...so question is ...how or what is the best way some of you have cleaned these up or polished to look factory fresh again??? I dont want to go and get some polishing compounds and go at it and polish them up to look like shiny chrome if that is not the way they are supposed to be?? So yea not very sure of how shiny they should be...soooo what have you all used to shine them up for some major trophy showing and what did you use for any minor scratches??

Thanks guys..

Jimmy

• Someone will correct me if I am wwrong but I believe these mouldings are stainless and can be polished like many other stainless trim pieces on older cars, depending on what level of finish you are looking for you may be able to do these yourself by hand with the proper compounds.....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!