Carpet question

• I have an early 65 fastback (sept 28) I know 100% for a fact it had the vinyl on the side of the carpet like in a 64 1/2. However the original carpet was gone as the interior was changed to black.

I located a set of original side vinyl from a 64 coupe in my interior color and it is in wonderful condition. I would like my car to go back the way it should be.

I talked to Virginia Mustang (as they are the only ones I found who offer the 64 carpet) and they indicated that early fastbacks had toe pads on the carpet and could have possibly had the vinyl sides.

Can I get an expert (gold judge) to chime in on this one; I just need to know if it is possible to have a toe pad and the side vinyl. If so I will take my carpet I have for my fastback and have it cut and hemmed to be correct and use the vinyl sides.

Edited by - 5F09C on 07/01/2008 10:32:33

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Charles,

Early fastback or coupe?

Thanks

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Both. The front carpet is the same on fastbacks/coupes.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!