Dual Quad pictures

• I am in need of a picture of the Cobra Dual quad set up (the early style with the Carter carbs) showing an original fuel log. Every picture I have is of the drivers side.

Thanks in advance

Edited by - 5F09C on 07/15/2011 23:31:06

• To start, what time frame do you have in mind? There was not a single linkage style or single fuel log style. Carter carburetor equipped 2-4V systems were regular production options for Cobras 1963-65 and dealer options for any 260/289 Ford 1963 to beyond the introduction of the Holley equipped 2-4V systems (two different ones) of 1966. During Cobra production the way fuel lines were done and the way linkage was done changed a few times.

The system shown here was NOS in Ford packages that a friend bought for his 1965 Cobra. When he got it home it turned out to be a 1967 variant date codes, linkage, and fuel log wise so he didn't use it. He was not happy that the air cleaners didn't have the Stelling and Hellings stickers Cobras had in production either.

[Blocked Image: http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/rr64/1967Dated.jpg]

The picture quality is poor but this is a unmolested mid production Cobra. (Most Cobras that came with 2-4Vs either don't have them anymore or they don't have the systems they left the factory with anymore.)

[Blocked Image: http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/rr64/CSX23XX.jpg]

Dan

Edited by - rr64 on 07/16/2011 06:11:14

Edited by - rr64 on 07/16/2011 06:18:35

• rr64,

I am trying my best to make a "correct" (the best I can) 1964 over the counter system from Ford. On the linkage I am just going to use the modern Edelbrock system but was wanting to go with a more vintage looking system for the fuel log. I could not find any pictures of the left side and when I did there was no fuel log.

I have the early carter madifold, 2 Cater carbs and S&H air cleaners. This gives me some ideas, thanks a lot!

Edited by - 5F09C on 07/16/2011 09:33:52

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

(the best I can) 1964 <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

1964, okay. The best example I know of from mid 1964 is CSX2258. Check out the various induction system photos from several positions on this website.

http://li55-48.members.linode.com/detail.php?car=317

Edited by - rr64 on 07/16/2011 12:21:34

• Dan,

Thanks so much for the leads. This info is very helpful. I am liking the looks of the system with the fuel log and it would be easy to do.

The more "period correct" the only thing that may be though is the splitter to put the hoses to the carbs from the main line. Any idea where to pick one of those up or is that the "hens tooth" of the set up?

Thanks again,

Brian

• Brian,

Your welcome.

The simple way would get a short section of hex aluminum, drill and tap holes for hose barb fittings, and then polish it. Otherwise I think Mr. Gasket brand still sells something similar.

Dan

• Email me and I can send some pictures of what you seek. I have the Carter carbs on my Kar . Write me @gordymustang1@aol and I will be happy to forward pictures to you.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!