value of a k code shell

• I have a 65 K code shell, early 65 date-oct64

the car was sandblasted & put in primer, some areas are starting to surface rust though. the car has no drivetrain & no interior, no glass no sheetmetal other than trunk lid & DS fender.

the car needs a new 1 piece full floor, a couple patches, 2 trunk drop off's & lower rear 1/4s. all other metal is in great shape, other than the cowls.

the car was originally a 4 spd car. it still retains the larger sway bar & the quick ratio steering box & the 9" rear w/wcz-hv 3.50 4ka 921 gear tag in tact.

frames are in excellent shape & original aprons are in nice shape w/original vin #'s still intact.

my question is , i have been tryin to sell it & have recieved offers for 5k-65000 for it, I feel it is worth more. am I dreaming/wishing on a star or am I right? should I take the 6500 & be happy or should I put it to the mass's on ebay, let the public decide or am I just wasting money?

I need to sell the car for I need the money & every little bit helps.

any suggestions

• really, you think that is a lot of metal work? I could replace the 1 piece floor in 1 day, the cowls are the most tedious job, but I am not here to debate,

obviously you have not ever restored an east coast convertable, swiss cheese has less holes

• Paul, I have to agree with Ralph. You can't assume all people have the knowledge and ability to replace the floor pan and other body work like you do. 6500.00 sounds fair.

Gary

• ok, thanks for the info, unless someone else thinks differently, I appreciate the opinions, it is nice to have someplace that has many knowledgable people in the same area to get mulitple views from

• ok, so what about the the value of a K Code Coupe,rust free that currently has a 6 cylinder,3 speed,8" in it, but, all the correct numbers matching drivetrain comes with it..car even has the correct rally pac in it still..car needs interior and body and paint,but a straight rust free California car overall..Whats a fair price?? Thanks

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

ok, so what about the the value of a K Code Coupe,rust free that currently has a 6 cylinder,3 speed,8" in it, but, all the correct numbers matching drivetrain comes with it..car even has the correct rally pac in it still..car needs interior and body and paint,but a straight rust free California car overall..Whats a fair price?? Thanks

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Is this a K code coupe that someone took the original drivetrain out, which they kept, and put in a 6 cylinder, 3 speed with a 8" rear into the car?

Gary

• they took the factory drivetrain out in the 70's,its whereabouts are unmnown..but the parts that came with it to replace it, those numbers are correct with correct date codes,ie enigne block,distributor,tranny,9" rear......

Edited by - Milpitas on 01/20/2007 18:13:15

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!