65-66 GT350 Headers

• I have an extra set of headers available.

Tri-Y Headers – as close to NOS as you can get. A little background history on our headers. We tried all the repo headers out there, you know, the ones that go for between $99 and $179. Talk about waste. This was the type of part that gave reproduction parts the typical bad rap or what the concourse guys calls Gyppo parts . I finally got fed up and took my original set of headers off my 65 GT350 and had a real custom old school header fabricator make them like they did in 1965. They made a steel fixture to make sure each set is replicated the same way. I had the flanges made to the correct thickness and beveled machined edge and also had the 3 bolt collector flanges made to the correct shape. The tubes are mandrel bent to original specs using the same gauge steel and miter cut to the original shape to weld . They are welded the same way they did it on the original set. Once completed on the jig , each mounting bolt hole is clearanced to make sure you can use a 6 point box wrench on each header bolt. Lastly as an option they are shot blasted , baked, blasted again and jet coated a semi gloss satin finished. These are extremely labor intensive parts to make with about 2 days labor invested in each set. The guy that makes them can only supply about 15-20 sets a year as they are so labor intensive and he makes them when he has time. They trickle in about 2 sets every other month so It’s rare when I have an extra set in stock. $995 bare steel ! Add $195 for satin black Jet Coating! My header maker told me today hes raising the price $50 set on me as he hasn't increased the price at all in 5 years so the next batch will reflect that price. (920) 434 3645 http://www.shelbyparts.com

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!