66 rally wheels

• I have a set of 66 steel rally wheels that came with the 65 k car I just purchased. I am not sure if they are originals or repos. They are 14x6 with the centers riveted to the rim ( 4 sets of 3 rivets )2 beauty rings are correct 6 inchers and 2 appear to be for 5 inch wheels. Red mustang centercaps metal with c5(2 or z)a a063-b 16533 numbers inside of them. Would like to know if they are originals or repos and have some idea of their value before I sell/trade them. My car has a dec 30 64 manufacture date and is missing correct trans and a variety of small engine parts. Thanks, Dave

• Sounds like what you have are '67 SS wheels based on the 14x6 rim width dimension ('65/'66's are 14x5-1/2). The array of rivets are correct for original OEM wheels. I think there's also a notch in the center cap opening area for the taller blue '67 centers but the red 65/66 centers covers it up when installed. There may be some reproductions out there that duplicate the rivet pattern but not sure.

As far as price, I paid $300 for my last set earlier this year that were nice driver quality with decent trim rings and '65/'66 centers.

The going rate is $3-$500 dependiing on condition. NOS wheels individually sell for approx. $200-$250 ea. when you can find them, both based on what I've seen at Carlisle and Charlotte.

Hope this helps.......

Mark

• Dave,

I've got a fresh HEH-T tranny that would be correct for your Kar.

I could work a trade for your wheels and some boot $$$ if your interested. Shipping would probably be a wash.

Let me know if your interested,

Mark

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!