PAXTON SUPERCHARGER

• One more.This is is the Washington DC area. The ad has several nice photos of this unit.

Reply to: sale-586804358@craigslist.org

Date: 2008-02-25, 8:23PM EST

Details, I purchased it for a mustang in restoration, but have decided not to use it. From what I’ve been able to dig up, it’s either a 60’s era Paxton that was on a Shelby (not likely), or purchased through Shelby/ford parts. It’s an early supercharger, has never been apart (still has the ‘paxton’ lead stamped seal and racing wire warranty seal) and functions (4-6 PSI Boost @ 4500-5500) I have the carb hat, upper and lower, supercharger, all the bracketry, lower pulley and the optional fluid cooler that is electric/ temp controlled. The brackets are for a 289. The hat says ‘cobra’, and is chromed, but is a period piece. The mounting bracket is different from some of the earlier models that I have seen in that it has a non spring loaded idler arm pulley. I’ve included photos of it mocked up, but on a 351, so some of the bracketry near the head bolts may seem off, they’re not, they’re designed for a 289. I can be reached @ 703-216-9907 from about 2:30 pm most days, to about 11:00pm. Call or email with any questions.

• The pump listed is not a vintage unit. Well actually if you consider 1992 vintage, then it is. A true vintage pump would have a SN 60 serial #, not SN 92.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!