TRUMPET EXHAUST TIP

• Hello all...I have seen two types of trumpet exhaust tips. One has a round edge and one has a flat edge. I beleive the flat edge is original. I need to buy one .....Anybody?? Thanks....Ed

• Last fall I purchased a pair of trumpets from Scott Drake while in Vegas for the MCA national. One of the guys from Drake put me onto them and they are virtual dead ringers for the NOS trumpets that bring big bucks in NOS form. I was lucky enough to be able to compare the reproductions with several sets of the real items and the reproductions are just wonderful. I have bitched about the reproduction parts available as loud as anyone and probably more often, but this part is dead on as far as I am concerned. Stainless tips, shutters that exactly match the Ford parts, and the mild steel parts that weld to the stainless ends are powdercoated (black). They lack only the Ford part numbers stamped on the parts to be exact. If you want a set that look as if Henry Ford had a hand in making them in the Sprring of 65, these are for you. Retail is $100.00 for the pair and I am sure you will be satisfied if absolute visual correctness if your goal. As far as the rest of the reproduced trumpets I have seen, these are head and shoulders better. I have looked at a lot of these and was ready to bite the bullet and purchase NOS in order to get a pair of tips that looked like they belonged on a Mustang, and was so glad to discover these.

• Ed - If you will send me a PM with your Email addy I will send you an image of the Drake trumpets. I will also send you an image of one of the real things as well. I am unable to post a photo on here, so the best that I can do is send them to you, and you may post the images if you can.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!