Hipo vs GT350 torque curves?

• Hi all,

Does anyone have (or know where to find) torque curves for stock HiPo versus GT350? Similarly, any curves for Hipo with manifolds versus tri-Y? I'm interested mostly in torque below 4000RPM for these scenerios. Peak values aren't what I'm after. I'm interested in off-the-line "growl".

Lyle

• Lyle, this is your lucky day. Since I read your posting on Hipo vs 350 Shelby I have been looking through my 43 years of Mustang book collection and I have just found what you have been looking for. If you would like to send me your address I can make copies of the two tests and send them to you. Laki

• I'd be willing to post the curves themselves (with proper credit to the article) when I get them, but I don't want to abuse copyright by posting the article. Else maybe I could scan and email them.

• Laki,

I got the articles you sent - thank you very much. They aren't exactly what I was looking for, but interesting anyway. I was looking more for dynomometer curves.

FYI for the others: Laki sent 2 articles. One was a HiPo road test & evaluation and the other was the same thing on the GT350. Some of the Hipo article sounded familiar, so I think it was republished at another time. There are a few numbers in there, like optimum shift points, acceleration, etc.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!