HEH-T to trade for an HEH-BX

• I happened to check the top loader for my '65 R-model replica today. It's an HEH-T which is correct for an early Hipo mustang (too bad it's not an aluminum case - wishful thinking.....lolol). It's rebuilt with less than a thousand miles on it.

I'd be willing to trade for a comparable rebuilt HEH-BX if anyone's interested. I want a Hipo tranny for my '65 but it doesn't have to be this one, especially if it'll help someone further a correct k-restoration. It's not for sale outright, only for trade. Exception would be cost to purchase another -BX that's available from a third party. Otherwise, it'll be going back in my '65 within the next few months.

Mark

• What is the build date of your kar? I wouldn't be so sure that your kar should have come with an HEH-BX transmission, even though it is a late 65 model year kar.

After I bought my kar, I was curious whether I indeed had the correct transmission in the kar. My kar is a Metuchen, June 65 built kar. When I purchased it, an HEH-T was in it. According to the David Kees transmission website, my kar should have come with an HEH-BX transmission.

Subsequent to the original posting of this thread, I discovered that the HEH-T transmission that came with my kar had the correct VIN stamped on the tail case flange.

If you examine the thread below, a number of other K owners of kars built within a similiar date range also have an HEH-T transmission in their kars.

http://www.hipomustang.com/hpmx/topic.asp…ld,of,toploader

• My '65 is an A-code GT350 R-Model replica which is what the transmission is for. My '66 is a K-GT 4/66 build and has an HEH-BX.

Since my '65 is not a K-code, I thought I'd offer up the tranny for someone who might need an HEH-T for their early K-restoration. I'd take another -BX as a trade or 3rd party purchase/trade to put back in it.

Thanks for the detailed insight though, especially for others that have those 'tweener' Kars.

Mark

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!