Looking for 65,66 Silver Blue Fastback Aor K code

• Just throwing this out there to see what's around. Looking at possibly purchasing a nice driver grade Silver Blue 65 or 66 A or K code fastback. Don't mind doing improvements, but must be solid and original body, drivetrain.

Thanks Randy

• Not to be sarcastic... really... but good luck finding a 43 year old car that is all original. Most of these cars were bought reasonably cheaply and either raced, modified, or otherwise abused. They were cheap enough for parents to buy for their kids and over 43 years have certainly at least been handed down more than one generation.

Accidents have also taken their toll, as have parts swapping and clipping cars together. I'm assuming any surviving K-car, especially a GT, especially a Fastback or Convertible, are rare by any means. Finding one that hasn't been touched will be very difficult. Everybody dreams of that "barn find" where some little old lady has one tucked away since her husband died 30 years ago, but those are usually pipe dreams.

I have a lovely 65 K-GT for sale. I'm considering reasonable offers in the ballpark of $30K or slightly less. Most of the interested parties are asking for "numbers matching", which I haven't been able to confirm yet, since I don't have access to a lift, and I haven't been able to find them by crawling under. But for that price, you get a rare K-GT FB that is beautiful to look at, dependable to drive (but needs a little TLC), and definitely turns heads.

If you can find an original K-GT, untouched, unmolested, more power to you! I'd love to read about it on the forum.

Walt

• I've got a late 65 K, GT, Fastback (5F09K723313) which is silver blue with blue and white deluxe interior. Block is a replacement, however trans back is original. Body has had extensive restoration which as the previous post says, is the norm for a car of this age. I've got over 40K in it plus a lot of time. I haven't had much time for it in the last 2 years and would consider selling it. I have not made any effort to sell it until today. I have the documented ownership records on it back to 1966. There are a few minor things that I just haven't had time to do on it, but basically, it's a pretty sweet car. I would have to get mid 40's for it. It is equiped exactly as it left the factory other than changed color from ivy green to silver blue and interior from parchment/gold to blue & white. Car was on display in Nashville at the 40th anniversary show.

Scott Steel

Springville, TN

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!