• Here is an Ebay auction for an HEH-BT transmission by Ebay member "super-novass " with a starting bid of $9.99:

This is a factory 4 speed transmission out of a low mileage 1965 Mustang. This transmission was removed in very good working condition to make way for a 5 speed transmission since the car was being resto-modded. The tag on the transmission reads HEH-BT which shows this to be a close ratio version for 1965 Mustangs. I believe this also fits other Ford and Mercury applications. Please confirm your specific application.

This transmission is in awesome survivor condition as shown. It has never been painted or otherwise altered. It still has many, if not all, of its original inspection marks intact as shown. I gave it a light, non abrasive cleaning being careful not to disturb the factory markings. It will clean up even better with a careful hand. The main housing is cast C5AR-7006-D and the tailhousing is RF-C5AR-7050-C as shown. There are no breaks, modifications, or repairs to this transmission. This is a very nice factory close ratio 4 speed transmission

I removed the top plate to show the internals as shown. The gears all looks great with no chipped teeth, rust, pitting, etc.  It spins through all gears smoothly with little effort to turn the input shaft. There is no sloppiness, binding, or grinding when spinning the input shaft through any of the forward gears or reverse. This transmission has obviously seen little use and no abuse.

I also made a video to show the transmission being shifter through the gears. To watch the video on a PC or laptop, simply click the play icon in the picture below. To watch it on a smart phone or tablet, copy and paste the link below the picture into your browser.

This is your chance to own the real deal OEM close ratio 4 speed transmission you have been dreaming about at NO RESERVE! That's right, the high bidder at auction end will be the proud new owner of this hard to find factory original manual transmission. Don't Miss Out!

Check out my other listings for more rare and hard to find parts including the shifter that was removed from this transmission.

Shipping:

The Domestic shipping cost shown is for the Continental US. Alaska, Hawaii, and territories please inquire for a shipping cost.

Factory Ford 4 Speed Toploader Transmission HEH-BT 1965 Mustang Close Ratio NICE | eBay

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• BEWARE of this transmission as it is NOT a close ratio transmission. The online chart made by David Kee transmissions is in error on this application as it is a wide ratio transmission. This application chart has been used for many years by other suppliers as well but if you go back to the Ford MPC on this, the application listed by David Kee is clearly wrong as this transmission is for Mustangs other than 289 Special making it a wide ratio. I have informed the seller of the error several days ago but as yet, they have NOT responded.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Official Post

The seller did add the following update to this auction after being informed of the discrepancy:

I had a request for the tooth count of the gears on the mainshaft. Since I was going through the trouble of counting them, I figured I might as well post the info here in the listing. The forward most gear on the shaft(input shaft) has 23 teeth, the gear behind that has 25 teeth, the third gear back has 31 teeth, and the furthest gear back has 32 teeth. From what I understand, all the guides online have this listed as a close ratio box when it may in fact be wide ratio. Either way, this is a real deal 1965 Mustang 4 speed toploader trans in nice original condition. Please do you research and confirm that this is the tranny you are after.

Thanks,

Jason

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Official Post

This HEH-BT transmission sold February 28, 2021 on Ebay for $1,900.00 with 55 bids from 18 bidders.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!