Used Reproduction Exhaust Manifold

• Here is an Ebay auction for a pair of used Hipo exhaust manifolds by Ebay member "torino429jh" with a Buy-It-Now of $300.00:

1965-1967 Ford Mustang Hi-Po High Performance Exhaust Manifolds. Came with a car I bought. No cracks. Ready for paint. Great shape,,,Using headers instead. I’ll pay shipping

1965-1967 Ford Mustang Hi-Po High Performance Exhaust Manifolds | eBay

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Here is an Ebay auction for a pair of used Hipo exhaust manifolds by Ebay member "torino429jh" with a Buy-It-Now of $300.00:

1965-1967 Ford Mustang Hi-Po High Performance Exhaust Manifolds. Came with a car I bought. No cracks. Ready for paint. Great shape,,,Using headers instead. I’ll pay shipping

1965-1967 Ford Mustang Hi-Po High Performance Exhaust Manifolds | eBay

-Fred-

This pair of used reproduction Hipo exhaust manifolds sold January 1, 2022 on Ebay for $300.00.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Here is an Ebay auction for a pair of used reproduction Hipo exhaust manifolds by Ebay member "cj_moto" with a starting bid of $900.00:

I purchased these K code HIPO Exhaust manifolds from an elderly fellow that took them off of his 1966 Shelby mustang in 1969, and replaced them with headers. He stumbled upon them while preparing to move years later. They are in near perfect condition considering they are 56 years old. These are OEM FORD, not reproductions.
    I have run a a straight edge on these and cannot find any signs of warpage, the castings are perfect, one manifold has one small impression (see picture).
    I have not seen an OEM set available for years, perfect for that correct restoration.
    These manifolds will ship from Canada, so ask for a quote prior to bidding.
    Any questions, feel free to message me.

OEM FORD Shelby 1965-1967 Mustang Hi-po HIPO K code Exhaust Manifolds 289 RARE | eBay

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Here is an Ebay auction for a pair of used reproduction Hipo exhaust manifolds by Ebay member "cj_moto" with a starting bid of $900.00:

I purchased these K code HIPO Exhaust manifolds from an elderly fellow that took them off of his 1966 Shelby mustang in 1969, and replaced them with headers. He stumbled upon them while preparing to move years later. They are in near perfect condition considering they are 56 years old. These are OEM FORD, not reproductions.
    I have run a a straight edge on these and cannot find any signs of warpage, the castings are perfect, one manifold has one small impression (see picture).
    I have not seen an OEM set available for years, perfect for that correct restoration.

OEM FORD Shelby 1965-1967 Mustang Hi-po HIPO K code Exhaust Manifolds 289 RARE | eBay

-Fred-

I have already messaged the seller through the Ebay message system regarding the reproduction issue so we will see what happens. I do not recall seeing this exact reproduction before with the actual Ford part numbers and diamonds rather than engineering numbers. The other set that I saw with actual Ford part numbers had the normal dots. This makes at least 4 and possibly 5 different reproduction Hipo manifolds that I have seen or touched over the years. Amazingly, there is already one bid at $900 for these manifolds. I would be ecstatic to sell one of my original pairs for that kind of money.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

-Fred-

I have already messaged the seller through the Ebay message system regarding the reproduction issue so we will see what happens. I do not recall seeing this exact reproduction before with the actual Ford part numbers and diamonds rather than engineering numbers. The other set that I saw with actual Ford part numbers had the normal dots. This makes at least 4 and possibly 5 different reproduction Hipo manifolds that I have seen or touched over the years. Amazingly, there is already one bid at $900 for these manifolds. I would be ecstatic to sell one of my original pairs for that kind of money.

-Fred-

This listing was ended by the seller April 21, 2020 with the following explanation "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing".

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• This seller argues that the manifolds came off of a 66 Shelby and claiming it was Canadian built and these were original. I guess that he could not let his fish off of the line who was willing to pay $900.00 for them so he put them back on with the addendum of being a Canadian built car and sold them to his fish. He wanted me to prove that they are reproductions by showing him the original seller of reproduction manifolds. Whatever company produced these are long gone. I have seen at least 4 other versions from different producers and the only one that I know of currently is CAS. The buyer was definitely taken in this as the seller was stubborn in the face of the facts.

On Apr-21-22 at 15:39:28 PDT, seller added the following information:

NOTE*

These manifolds came off of a Canadian built car.

I have 2 more clear pictures of the casting #s, message me for the photos

Thanks CJ

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Official Post

Here is an Ebay auction for a pair of used Hipo exhaust manifolds by Ebay member "paperuswest" with a Buy-It-Now of $399.50 or make offer:

A very good used matching pair of the exhaust manifolds for the HIPO 289 performance option for Ford Mustangs in 1964-66 and used on other small blocks 1963-1971. Will fit other early small block Fords 260 289 & 302

Casting number shows C3OE-9431-B and C4ZE-9430-A . Believed to be quality reproduction early castings with numbers having a cat "N" underside and cast CAS on reverse.

Both in excellent used condition and have had a close inspection. Stud threads are very good on missing stud.

These were replaced with a pair of headers, I understand these cast are a better option.

I just found out these are made by California Automotive Specialties "CAS" and are one of several manufacturers that have reproduced them.

Please check to make sure these are the correct manifolds for your application. Sold as is.

No disappointments.

1963-71 Ford Mustang HIPO 289 Exhaust Manifold Set C4ZE C3OE 260 289 302 | eBay

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Official Post

I messaged the seller on these as he originally had listed them as originals with a Buy-It-Now of $900.00. I explained to him about the manufacturer of these reproduction manifolds, and, because of his integrity, he immediately modified the auction to where it is now.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Official Post

I have a horror story on this particular CAS brand of Repro exhaust manifolds made by California Automotive Specialties. That is the CAS on the back side of the manifolds. On top of that, the CAS manifolds are the poorest fitting of all of the reproductions of these manifolds produced over the years. I have encountered six different manufacturers over the years.They look really good until you try to install them. Thankfully the engine was on an engine stand at the time, or it would have been far worse. My customer already had them before I was even involved with his Kar.

Original Hipo manifolds have a small clearance issue sometimes on the right hand side at the last two spark plugs. Normally this is only a problem if you tighten the manifolds down while they are hanging from the bolts as there is enough casting flash to interfere with getting a spark plug socket in place. I have found that by holding the manifolds up while tightening the bolts gives them the proper clearance for the spark plug socket. That does NOT work on the CAS manifolds. I spent many hours grinding the castings to clear most all of the spark plugs. Then the next realization set in where the ports are too high on the manifold compared to the head castings. The port came out slightly higher to the head castings on several ports and I ended up using header gaskets to seal them up. Keep in mind that Ford did NOT use gaskets from the exhaust manifold to the head on Hipo 289 engines. As good as they looked coming out of the box, I ended up very disappointed at the results. If the customer had not already bought those CAS manifolds, I would have sold him originals as I have a lot of them. That would have been a far less expensive option as the labor time more that ate up any savings on the reproductions.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• This pair of used reproduction Hipo exhaust manifolds sold March 11, 2023 on Ebay for $299.50.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Official Post

Here is an Ebay auction for a new reproduction left hand Hipo exhaust manifold made by CAS by Ebay member "4321planetjupiter" with a Buy-It-Now of $555.99:

NEW1965-1967 Ford Mustang Hi-Po High Performance Exhaust Manifolds JETHOTCOATING.

NEW1965-1967 Ford Mustang Hi-Po High Performance Exhaust Manifolds JETHOTCOATING | eBay

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Here is an Ebay auction for a new reproduction left hand Hipo exhaust manifold made by CAS by Ebay member "4321planetjupiter" with a Buy-It-Now of $555.99:

NEW1965-1967 Ford Mustang Hi-Po High Performance Exhaust Manifolds JETHOTCOATING.

NEW1965-1967 Ford Mustang Hi-Po High Performance Exhaust Manifolds JETHOTCOATING | eBay

-Fred-

Unbelieveably this used reproduction left hand Hipo exhaust manifold sold June 16, 2023 on Ebay for $523.00.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• I had let the seller know that this was a reproduction and he did lower the price slightly and make a note in the description that it was an aftermarket. However this single manifold is a higher price than a new pair.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Official Post

Here is an Ebay auction for a new reproduction left hand Hipo exhaust manifold by Ebay member "bdgtzw" with a Buy-It-Now of $163.19:

This is certainly new but perhaps not stored the best. No packaging or tags. No evidence of any bolts being used on it, or exhaust having gone through it. All the machining marks look as new yet. I'm certain it is a reproduction as there is no date code, Ford logo, or other markings. If you are having any doubts then please don't purchase this as there are no returns. Your bid is made knowing this is correct for your vehicle and that all questions have been answered to your satisfaction as all sales are final!!

ABSOLUTELY NO RETURNS OR CANCELLATIONS

FREE SHIPPING

SHIPPING TO THE 48 STATES ONLY - NO EXCEPTIONS

Please note that on auctions with free shipping, items will ship the most economical way, which may NOT be the fastest way. Unless noted all shipments go USPS, UPS or FEDEX. The larger and heavier items generally ship FEDEX or UPS and can not ship to a PO Box. If any of this is going to be a problem, then I respectfully ask you to either contact me or refrain from bidding.

Please ask all questions before bidding. All items sold AS-IS and all sales are final. Absolutely NO guarantee or warranty either expressed or implied.

1963 FORD FAIRLANE 289 HI-PO HIPO LEFT EXHAUST MANIFOLD REPRODUCTION ? NOS? | eBay

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Unbelievably this new reproduction left hand Hipo exhaust manifold sold September 25, 2023 on Ebay for $128.00.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Here is an Ebay auction for a used reproduction left hand Hipo exhaust manifold by Ebay member "dd302stang" with a starting bid of $175.00:

For sale is an original HI PO drivers side exhaust manifold from a ford mustang. I only have the drivers side.

Part number: C30E-9431-B

H214 N 8

Original Ford Mustang 289 hipo exhaust manifold Drivers Side Left | eBay

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Here is an Ebay auction for a pair of new reproduction Hipo exhaust manifolds by Ebay member "timekeeperusa" with a Buy-It-Now of $295.00:

Brand new k code 289 hipo manifolds. Comes with new studs and bolts. Best price on eBay!

Ford 289 Hi-po Exhaust Manifolds | eBay

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• This used reproduction left hand Hipo exhaust manifold received no bids by October 11, 2023 and therefore did NOT sell.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• This used reproduction left hand Hipo exhaust manifold is back on Ebay again with the same starting bid of $175.00:

Original Ford Mustang 289 hipo exhaust manifold Drivers Side Left | eBay

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• Here is an Ebay auction for a pair of new reproduction Hipo exhaust manifolds by Ebay member "timekeeperusa" with a Buy-It-Now of $295.00:

Brand new k code 289 hipo manifolds. Comes with new studs and bolts. Best price on eBay!

Ford 289 Hi-po Exhaust Manifolds | eBay

-Fred-

The listing for this pair of used reproduction Hipo exhaust manifolds was ended by the seller October 11, 2023 because the item is no longer available.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!