• My 65 caspian blue K is for sale.

The Negatives:

The block and trans are not original, and the distributor has been replaced. The body is solid, except for one small hole behind the right rear tire that was patched long ago. It needs paint. The finish is a 100 footer with lots of dings. The passenger window crank assembly is shot. There is an electrical ground issue that causes the fuel and temp gauges to work intermittently. The headliner needs to be replaced. The window trim needs to be replaced.

There is a small dent next to the gas cap that looks like a loose jack hit the back of the truck years ago.

The Positives:

The heads and all external engine parts that are supposed to be there, are there. I replaced the carb with a replica of the original from Pony Carbs (manual choke). Carpeting is new, heater core is new, gas tank is new, new American Racing Weels, new radial tires, and I have the original wheels. The radio was replaced, but I have the original. The exhaust needs to be redone, but the hangers are correct. The engine is strong, and burns very little oil.

I replaced the leaf springs, shocks, ball joints, brake pads, alternator, battery (a replica of the original), fuel filter, wiper arms with original chrome.

The car spent most of it's life in the west, and there is virtually no rust. There is a small puncture in the passenger floor pan, but they are solid. I've run water from a hose into the cowling , and never had water leak into the interior.

The dash is new, the instrument panel is new, as is the glove box.

The locks all work, but the passenger door takes some finagling sometimes.

The seats are all in good shape, except for a small tear in the passenger back rest.

The glass is all original, meaning the windshield is pitted from many miles.

The fender emblems are correct, but the paint has faded.

If you are interested, please send an email. ericmeyer65@gmail.com

Here is a link to pictures http://picasaweb.google.com/ericmeyer65

I am asking $29,000 for the car.

Edited by - Eric Meyer on 08/02/2007 16:29:50

Edited by - Eric Meyer on 08/03/2007 14:45:30

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!