New to HiPo exchange

• Hi,

I frequent the concoursmustang.com site as I'm restoring my 67 GT350 (in sig).

My first car was a 65 Mustang -- while it was only 4 years old. It was purchased by my Dad who then passed it on to me as I made too many changes to it. Truly a day 2 car. The only car in my area with 200 cid tri-power and Dagenham 4 speed. I could have bought a used Shelby for the amount of money I put it into it.

The Shelby has been in my possession for over 30 years now while major house projects, moves and club racing took their toll on my time in restoring it. This is currently my ONLY active project and it will be concours (non-Thoroughbred) car.

The real 2+2 is a project car, but a true restomod. Purists need not apply.

The B2 was mildly restored 20 years ago and while needing a refresh is still a nice looking car. Matching numbers all around. A true driver quality car.

The conversion 2+2 car was made about 15 years ago and started with a coupe firewall-forward hulk. Major surgery was done on the frame including most of the convertible framing, torque boxes, custom sub-frame connectors, mini-tubs and stretched quarters.
    The top came from a California donor. Aftermarket skins and sheet metal fabricated to turn it into a 2+2. It is not a "kit".
    This car is designed for a SCCA-type class with a 10:1 power to weight using a custom EEC-IV 5.0. It features my own coilover system with highly massaged pickup points.

Bill V.
    Concours 3/2/67 GT350 01375
    Driven 6/6/70 0T02G160xxx B302
    Modified 5/18/65 5F09A728xxx 2+2
    Race 65 2+2 Coupe conversion (done prior to the 'kits')

Edited once, last by Bossbill (March 20, 2019 at 9:20 PM).

• Welcome to the forum. Great story!

You have certainly covered all the bases with your varied collection of ponies. They have all been a labor of love for you.

--Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!