Hello from Idaho - good to be back

• Glad to see this forum working again. I was a lurker on the old forum - never registered, but got lots of good info from it. I thought I might be able to contribute on this new one.

The 289 in my '65 Fastback Shelby-themed restomod is a lowly "C" code block that was originally built to K-code specs with the intention of being legal for vintage racing. After the build, the engine was never started and the project sat in storage for years. Now we're at it again with renewed vigor. We've changed direction, aiming at just having fun in the SCCA Solo CAM-T class without expecting to be particularly competitive. We also will use the car as a driver and casual show car. The old assembly lube was pretty dry, so the engine was disassembled, checked and reassembled, but this time using an Edelbrock Performer RPM top-end kit. We got it running and broken in. The engine dyno showed 349.7 HP @ 6500 RPM and 338.7 ft-lbs at 4300 RPM. This was using a carb and straight dyno headers. We still have to install the Edelbrock E-Street EFI and Stan's Tri-Y headers. Looking forward to seeing what the chassis dyno shows.

Thanks to all who contributed to the old site. It has been very helpful and I hope it continues.

• It sounds like you are having fun with your project and have accomplished what you set out to build. Best of luck with your racing.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!