Aussie XP coupe 1965

• Hi Fellas, I hope you all are well and weathering the economic crisis. I have had a 65-66 Mustang 8" rear axle housing converted to a 9" housing and narrowed to suit my XP Futura coupe. The bloke who narrowed the housing left the Mustang spring perches on the housing. These perches suit a 2&1/2" wide spring, the XP Futura uses a 2" wide leaf spring like a 60-63 US Falcon.

The spring centre bolt on the Futura does not extend up enough to solidly position the axle housing with the Mustang style perches. I got some Mustang spring centre bolts which are taller than the original bolts. These new bolts have a loose fit in the upper part/hole of the perches and do not locate the housing solidly. Is there a spacer/ insulator bush I am missing? The axle bloke said it should bolt in and I just need to use Mustang lower shock plates to fit this housing onto the narrow springs. I got repro plates and u-bolts from VaMustang for this purpose but I am concerned about the housing moving. Does anyone have an idea on this type of fitment apart from getting narrow spring perches fitted to the housing

I am reluctant to return the housing to the bloke who modified it due to the length of time it took to get this job done in the first place (1 year).

Thank you in advance Zed.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!