January 1965 HIPO

• I have a complete K motor that I have been hanging onto for years. I think it is time to put it up for sale because I have too many other projects that are not finished and I will probably never get around to this one. I purchased this engine back around 1982. The guy I bought it from said it came out of a totaled Mustang. By complete, I mean fan through the bell housing, and air filter wingnut to the oil pan. I believe the only part missing is the air filter base. The original motor mounts and cast iron frame brackets are with it. I removed the heads and had them freshened up, but the short block is still altogether and dirty just like it came out of the car. Standard bore. Oil pan is still bolted on. Front cover is on, but it looks like maybe the water pump has been changed. Flywheel, clutch, pp, and bellhousing with the fork are still on it.. This is a January 1965 engine. Block Serial # 5F09K615175 with a casting date of 4M28 and a build date of A27H. Above the clutch equalizer is stamped a letter P, (whatever that means.) Engine tag is 289 65 5 5-A N 554. Intake is C50E 9425 C, casting date 5A22. Carb spacer is C40E-9A589. Heads are 289 65 20 - 5A11 and 289 65 21 - 4M16. Carb tag is FOMOCO C50F L A 5AB. Distributor is C50F 12127 E 6AA. Fuel pump is 3939S. Fan is dated A65. Alternator has the big pulley and wiring harness. Both exhaust manifolds are here. Transmission bolts are still in the bell housing. I live near Pittsburgh, PA and am willing to deliver this about 200 miles any direction for your inspection with a small deposit, (enough to cover gas.) Lots of pictures if interested. $8,500 takes it all.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!